A quick WOW moment!!!

Megs515
on 6/9/08 8:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
So, I haven't posted in a while so I figured I would share with you guys a WOW moment that I had recently. Actually, it was my first big WOW moment since my surgery!! For the last two weeks of May I had planned a trip back home. I was so excited to see my sister (She had the surgery 2 weeks after me and we hadn't sent eachother any pictures) that I could hardly stand it. The only thing that I was not looking forward to was knowing that I had to get on an airplane. Before surgery riding in an airplane was horrible. I absoutely hated it. Having to squeeze into one of those tiny seats after asking for a seatbelt extendor and hoping that the person sitting next to me wouldn't mind too much if I put the armrest up....HORRIBLE!! I really hated it. Well, anyways, by the time that my trip rolled around, I was down 70 pounds and decided that, maybe, just maybe, it wouldn't be quite so bad. I got to the airport and got checked in...THANK GOD FOR A WINDOW SEAT!!! lol I was early for my flight so I bought a couple of magazines and sat at the gate reading them until I heard the lady say that it was time to board the flight. I waited for them to call my zone and once they did, I got in line to get on the plane. As I passed business class I glanced down at one of the seats in coach. I was like...hey, i think my butt can fit in that!! And to my extreme enjoyment, I got to my seat, sat down (WITH THE ARMRESTS DOWN!!!!!) and buckled my seat belt....and had to pull it to make it tighter!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I was soo excited! I texted my sister before the plane took off with two simple words that made me want to cry... "I FIT!!!" When my flight landed in Atlanta, my sister and mom were at the airport waiting on me. We all started crying once we saw eachother. My sister looked AMAZING!! And according to everyone back home, so did I!

westvalley
on 6/9/08 9:33 am - Glendale, AZ
Wow that great! I totally feel ya on the aiplane seats. I am suppose to be going back to Chicago in Aug and I am so nervous. You have given me hope.  You are doing an awesome job so far and it will only get better. ~*HUGS*~ Julie
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Sarah B.
on 6/9/08 10:43 am - Tucson, AZ
I had that moment too... isn't it great!! I actually took pictures of my butt fitting in the seat... lol
L. TP
on 6/9/08 12:01 pm
I will be flying in about 3 months, I hope to fit too!  YIPPIE for you! 
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/08 4:29 am - AZ
Lyns, Your small, I bet you fit good right now, Dawn  
maxaz1
on 6/10/08 1:32 am - Scottsdale, AZ
that plane ride WOW was one of the most significant I have had!  It gives a whole new meaning to travel. you will be amazed!  to be able to sit and even cross my legs, and still fold down that tray was like....unbelievable for me!  talk about freedom from previous fears and embarrassment.... if it's still to come for you, brace yourself. there's a whole new life of experiences awaiting you.
Megs515
on 6/10/08 3:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you all for your congrats!!! It is amazing to share these stories with you all!! I'm so glad my sister told me about OH. I don't think I could've made it through all of this without ALL OF YOU!!!!

dramqueen6
on 6/10/08 4:37 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh my gosh thats awesome!!!  Way To Go!!  I had the worst trip one time.. It was from Chicago here and it was Southwest.. So I am in the window seat and another larger woman sits right next to me in the middle seat.. Well by the end of the flight I could not feel my hips down! LOL.. It was so painful.. She wasnt comfortable either.. Talk about miserable!! 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Megs515
on 6/10/08 8:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
Lol!! I had a similar experience one time. I was sitting at the aisle seat and this big guy sat next to me. When I say big, I mean like...6'7" and atleast 350 lbs. He would cross his arms and basically hit me in the shoulder each time he would. Well, he fell asleep and when he did, we were positioned in a way that some of his leg was on top of mine. Talk about uncomfortable!!! I didn't want to move because I didn't want to wake him up...lmao!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/08 4:23 am, edited 6/11/08 4:26 am - AZ
I am planning my revision for June 30 or July 1. I plan on going back home to Detroit for my brothers surprise birthday party. He is turing th big 5 0. OMG.  His party is the last 2 weeks in August. I hope I will be able to fit in a seat. I fit in one now but I would have to take alot of muscle relaxers for the pain. I always board first and get a roomy balk head because If I can;t streach my leg 95 % of the time I get bad leg cramps. I have had blood clots in both legs and my lungs.  I flew to Flordia one year for vaction and walked off the plane and bingo I got a blood clot . I had to spend my vacation in the hospital. That sucked. To sit painless and not go insane would be a wonderful thing and I would have to have pictures of it......
Most Active