Banner Good Sam or St. Lukes??????

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/08 5:27 am

Dr. Fang is my surgeon and he works out of both.  I have done both seminars so I am eligible for either.  Does anyone have any info on which is better?

Gena L.
on 6/8/08 5:48 am - Sun City, AZ
Dr Juarez offered me my choice of both hospitals also and intimated to me that he preferred Good Sam (no flames please...just being honest) as it had newer equipment for the surgery. As a former Good Sam employee and having had major surgery there in the past I chose Good Sam. I was very pleased with my care and the med/surg/bariatric unit was very pleasant for me as a patient. Good luck with your surgery! Gena

20candy07
on 6/8/08 7:49 am - Tolleson, AZ
I was at St Lukes....no problems there for me.  Pick the closest to your home.   Regards, Candy

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/08 8:02 am - AZ

Which St Lukes are we talking ? The one in Phoenix or Tempe. I was in The phoenix St Lukes and was dumpy and dirty. The nurses are botton of the barrel and I was in there 2004. I had to get readmitted for a postop wound infection. I cried that I had to go back in that hospital. But I fired my doctor and got Dr Johnson from the Wound Clinic and he was fantastic and  and said stay the hell away from the doctor who did my surery. I had a wound vac for 4 months. I had to drive( my family) to ST Lukes 3 times a week For 2 months and I hated it. But my new doctor made up for it and was really sweet and alot of fun. I was in Good Sam in 1997 and it was really clean and nice but no baratric unit. I bet that would have been better. THe nurse were rude and lazy. I had to page the Director of nursing overhead and have her come to my room and tell who the bad nurses were in a line up. To say the least I never got them agin. PLus my Dr Newhoff did not stand for it either. I was in for about 8 days. After the nurse line up my care was really good. When you can't do nothing for your self what are the nurses for any way. I never got meds on time. But everything was good during my stay.

azreggie
on 6/8/08 8:28 am - Tucson, AZ
I had the best of care at Good Sam, can't say one bad thing about them.

Reggie

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/08 1:35 pm
sounds like Banner is winning.  St Lukes is the one in phx.
justcuz
on 6/8/08 2:19 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I've never had to stay at St Luke's but I've been at Good Sam twice. Fantastic care, nurses were awesome and it is very clean and new. The outside does no justice to the inside. Good luck on your upcoming surgery. You will love Dr Fang.

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

Sandra C.
on 6/8/08 3:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I had my surgery done at Banner by Dr. Juarez. I feel like I had very good care and the staff was friendly, professional and helpful. I would go there again. Good luck!
Megs515
on 6/9/08 8:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Juarez did my surgery at St. Lukes in Phoenix. While it is most definitely not the newest or nicest hospital around, I received excellent care. I had my surgery done there in December or '07 and their nursing staff on the bariatric floor was absoutely amazing. Anytime I needed anything they were right there to help me. I really don't have anything bad to say about that hospital. It was definitely the right choice for me.

Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 3:23 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi mschiro............Did you get a surgery date from Dr. Fang?????Could you let me know how????? Thanks
Most Active