DR FANG no longer accepting mercy care

paddywackets
on 6/3/08 1:29 pm - c. v., AZ
well one week before my apointment with him, i got a call stating dr fang no longer accepts mercy care. i called mercy care and asked if anyone else was on the list and no one else is on theyre list. so i dont know what to do now, i have jumped through hoops, got everything i had to get done, done in one month flat. and now no surgeon on my insurance carrier
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/08 2:08 pm, edited 6/3/08 2:08 pm - AZ
Does he still take AHCCCS ? He did before. That are other state programs.  I remeber one called AP/APIA .I would Check with Dr Fang.
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/08 9:43 am
Wow, that is horrible.  I am also on Mercy Care and have been working with Dr. Fang.  I need one item to submit to insurance and then I can wait for a approval or denial.  I just called Mercy Care and they only have Dr. Fang no other listed.  I was also told I can only change health plans 1 year from my enrollment date.
paddywackets
on 6/10/08 5:10 am - c. v., AZ
either way its messed up as mercy care dont have him anymore so we are left with no bariatric surgeons, i cant switch to apipa as my dr whose working hard to get me the surgery doesnt take apipa, so then id be without a dr who wants the wls and starting over big time
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 8:35 am
Has Mercycare given any indication on when they will have a new surgeon?  That have to get a replacement soon right?
paddywackets
on 6/19/08 6:12 am - c. v., AZ
well news on that i talked to someone at mercy care and yes soon another surgeon will be available
20candy07
on 6/19/08 6:42 am - Tolleson, AZ

When you get the info for Mercy Care please post it.  My son is very sick and the endocrinologist recommended him for the lapband.  We are looking for a bariatric surgeon to do it.  None of the great bariatric surgeons on this site take Mercy care. 

Thanks,

Candy

paddywackets
on 6/19/08 8:19 am - c. v., AZ
as far as i know and dont quote me on this, but i was told when i went to see dr juarez presentation at the hospital, that mercy care doesnt cover a lap band precedure, APIPA does though, i will post on what i hear from mercy care though about the new dr available when i get the info
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 4:07 am
Does anyone know what surgeons work with APIPA?  Maybe it would be better to switch to them then wait for Mercy to find a replacement for Dr. Fang. Thanks, Melissa
Most Active