Isopure drinks???

soon2bnewme
on 6/3/08 5:41 am - Chandler, AZ
I know I read about these somewhere and I was hoping that anyone could help me with information.  Do these taste good and what's your favorite flavor.  I have a friend who's trainer told her to buy these and she told me I should get some.  She's never had a weight problem and does marathons.  I'm a lapbander but I'm trying to have more protein and less carbs since I just had a major surgery a couple of weeks ago to fix a hernia and a panni removed.  They had to do some bowel resection so the general surgeon said protein, protein, and more protein.   Any good flavors let me know.  I would hate to buy some and then they're gross.  Also a great place to buy them in town.  Thanks, Renee'

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

azreggie
on 6/3/08 6:54 am - Tucson, AZ
You can get them at GNC, and my fav's are Green Apple and Fruit Punch.

Reggie

Gena L.
on 6/3/08 8:20 am - Sun City, AZ
I get mine at the Vitamen Shoppe and I have only had the Passion Fruit.  Not good tasting...not terrible tasting but I like them once in awhile as they do not have milk like most protein shakes. I also use the New Whey protein bullets. 42 grams and maybe 6 swallows, but the only one I  like is the fruit punch. The grape is repulsive! Gena

ginau
on 6/3/08 9:44 am - mesa, AZ

Renee You can get em at any  Health store , pricey around 2.50 - $3.00  per bottle.   Fruit Punch was not too bad over a  lot of Ice!  I have never tried the powder they sell.  The bullets are not too bad - but stick to  25  gram  portions unless you split  the 42 in half - your body wont absorb all 42 at one time.    If you like coffee  you can try acheive1 drinks.  If you  go to vitalady.com  you can buy a bunch of samples and figure out what you like.  I currently use  Matrix and Nectar products  and just got some Evopro  from cytosport- low cal , low carb and high  protein.  I also have some samples of other stuff  if you PM me  I will be happy  to get em over to you  - I live  in Mesa/ Chandler area  By the way  who did your surgery ???

beckipoohbear
on 6/3/08 9:45 am - AZ
I got mine at Hi Health, the zero carb isopure that is ready to drink. I fully confess they are not the tastiest things ever but they are drinkable. So far I like the apple melon and the blue one (I think it's like blue raspberry). I bought one of each flavor and I will go back for what I like the most. I do like being able to take something icy cold out of the fridge and drink without having to mix anything. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

soon2bnewme
on 6/4/08 7:27 am - Chandler, AZ
See now I know when Joyce was talking about the vitalady coming I should of went.  Darn!!!  I had two surgeons who fixed my hernia and panni. I had Dr. Edgar Hernandez (Chandler) and Dr. Todd Farnworth (Ahwatukee) do my surgeries.  I love Hernandez he's absolutely the best general surgeon I know of.  Farnworth told me Monday at my post op that Hernandez must really like me because he double and triple stitched my muscles and abs so that I can honestly say I have "rock hard abs"  I'm just glad that I don't have a huge hernia anymore.  I physically feel so much better and love how I look now.  I need to change my signature because I noticed I have an old weight in their.   Thanks for all the ideas for flavors.  She brought over an orange one but I didn't try it yet.  I have a house full of company and four more coming in this afternoon. I have a big house but man that's a ton of people and I'll be three weeks out from surgery tomorrow.  I feel so much better but then again still sore.  I can't lift much and so I thank goodness for my children who have been wonderful.  My son came in this morning and asked if instead of allowance for helping me he can just get one of those Wii Fit games.  How can you say no to someone who loves exercising and being healthy.  So  now I'm on a quest to find one in the stores.  

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

Laura H.
on 6/4/08 7:39 am - Tucson, AZ

I LOVE the Isopure clear drinks. ( I didn't know they had powdered.)  I get them at any GNC store.  You can also get them on GNC on-line.  I haven't met a flavor I didn't like.   

Laura H 
Dr. Chiasson
RYN 6/25/08
Laura H.
on 6/4/08 7:39 am - Tucson, AZ

I LOVE the Isopure clear drinks. ( I didn't know they had powdered.)  I get them at any GNC store.  You can also get them on GNC on-line.  I haven't met a flavor I didn't like.   

Laura H 
Dr. Chiasson
RYN 6/25/08
Av8trx
on 6/4/08 4:18 pm - north-central, AZ
I could tollerate the pre-mixed drinks before surgery, but now I can't stand em. The powdered Dutch Chocolate is great tho.  The chocolate flavor isn't too strong and it dissolves completely - so no grittiness.  You can mix it into SF pudding and stuff too.   Pre-op I would add a bit of instant coffee and creamer to it sometimes for a "protein mocha".     : P - Kailolu

Most Active