AfterCare with Dr Schlesinger

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/08 3:55 am, edited 6/2/08 3:58 am - AZ

What kind of aftercare does Dr Schlesinger have for his revision patients ? Do you see a a Nutritionist at his office ? Does he have group sessions at his office ? What about a exercise physiologist onstaff or farmed out ? I know he has 2 support meeting a month. Any helpful hints would be great. Does he have the Center for Excelence ? I think that is what you call it. I am already see a therapist every 2 weeks that seems to help. But I don't want to get stuck in the boat  with barley any support care that I got in 1997. I like the peer related groups but is they any more peer groups in the west valley ?  I think Dr Schlesinger is the best for revision. Any suggestion will really help me. Thanks

jenniebr
on 6/2/08 7:24 am, edited 6/2/08 7:33 am - queen creek, AZ
Dawn, Great question.... We now have a nutritionist that will be conducting monthly classes. We will sign you up for a pre-op and a post-op class when you schedule your pre-op office visit. She is also a certified personal trainer. She will also be available for patients to meet with if they desire one-on-one attention. You can call the office for more info. As far as support, we have our monthly group meeting every third Saturday of each month from 3:30-4:30. In addition to to that the office is available M-F should you need and Dr S is always on-call for emergencies and can be reached after hours by calling the office number 480-419-2280. As far as I know the hospital is not a Center of Excellence. I wanted to also add that our support meeting is open to any body wanting support, no matter when, where or who did your surgery, ALL are welcome to attend. See our website www.azwls.com for info and directions  Fear not my friend we will not leave you stuck in any boat!!  Anyone with questions can always call the office, we welcome questions and will address all your concerns. Take care, Jen
Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
ginau
on 6/2/08 9:27 am - mesa, AZ
Dawn  P.V. hospital was not bad at all ! The girls are very nice and will walk with you whenever you want. They need a little education on how to help you get out of bed when you have a full cut.  Meals consist of water and Broth - I was not there to find any other offerings - Be prepared to ask for tea -- second thought you might want to pack a couple in your bag.  The hospital is redoing a few rooms - all private, Big chairs. and better beds for the Bariatric  folks.  Pre register if you can online, I didnt carry anything in except a debit card for my co-pay - and they called me 2 days prior to let me know how much it was.  NO its not Scottsdale Shea with  Pedicure and that - but it was  very clean and friendly.
Most Active