First Fill On Friday - 51 Pounds Loss In 6 Weeks

AzViper
on 6/1/08 2:12 pm, edited 6/1/08 2:14 pm - AZ

I had my first fill on Friday and that was an adventure. I received 7cc's of which I could not swallow. I am shocked as to how tight I felt. I thought I was going to drown standing up in the doctor’s office. I was told to drink water as I received the fill and then told to wait in the front office to see if any problems were to develop. After about 5 minutes and I was to drink more water I looked at the receptionist and told her I could not drink anymore water and in fact I need to have some saline removed. A few minutes later I was back into a patient room where Scott Lopez removed 2cc’s, this made a huge difference. I have broken the 50 pound loss barrier and I am at 51 pounds after this weekend after my fill.

L. TP
on 6/1/08 2:35 pm
FANTASTIC!  WOW.  Thank you for the update.  You are doing so well...what a great model you are for WLS and the lap band!  lyns
Gena L.
on 6/1/08 2:37 pm - Sun City, AZ
WOW!  Keith that is terrific.  Much more than I have lost for sure.  Sometimes I feel I am losing sooooo slowly. Last weight I was at 30 pounds.I only weigh when I am in a doctor's office.  It seems the more protein and water you can take the faster the loss.  I lost almost 2 weeks being sick with the ulcer and took little nourishment or fluids. I am hoping that is one reason my loss is slow.  It must have been quite an experience...not one I would want I think. Congrats to you and keep up the great work. Gena

Sarah V.
on 6/2/08 11:42 am
Cool...sounds like you might have some good restriction from your first fill which is pretty rare.  I hope it sticks around for you. That fill experience is a weird one...that's for sure.  I've never been very good at feeling the water in there or when it's backing up.   I sure do like Scott, though.  He really cares about his patients and their success.  He has a much nicer bedside manner that Dr. Schwartz if you ask me.  Not that Dr. Schwartz doesn't care...he wouldn't be in this line of work if he didnt...he just always makes me feel rushed and he's kind of abrupt.  Way to go on the weight loss...that's tremendous!

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

AzViper
on 6/2/08 11:21 pm, edited 6/2/08 11:22 pm - AZ
Hi Sarah, I could not agree more. My first visit with Dr. Schwartz which lasted less than three minutes to the day of my surgery which I saw him before surgey for maybe 15 seconds to when he released me the following day which I saw him for 10 seconds. Then I had my second office visit where he checked my scars and approved my fill, Dr. Schwartz had me lift my shirt, again I saw him for maybe 30 seconds. Dr. Schwartz could use some improvement in his contact with his patients instead of being cold and not responsive.
Most Active