I AM GETTING SURGERY ON TUESDAY! *Update*

L. TP
on 6/1/08 2:34 pm, edited 6/1/08 2:38 pm
First off, I must tell everyone that your posts and thought mean so much to me.  It quite literally has helped me pull through.  You are all such a blessing to me.  My sister is very well.  She has endoured a massive amount of trauma in her life and suffers from very serious disabilities.  When my brother recently passed it simply put her over the edge.  She was found moments before death.  She OD on alcohol and pain killers with a blood level of 616.  She was put on life support as her body was shutting down.  In a true act of God, Alisa has nearly recovered entirely and is doing incredibly well only after a few days.  She has agreed to get help when she is healthy to get released.  Of course, all addicts say this but all I can do is pray she is ready.  I HAVE decided to move forward and have surgery on tuesday.  I feel like I have to and that I owe that to myself.  I have sacraficed so very much with this situation as anyone dealing with an addict does.  Now that I know Alisa will do well,  I feel comfortable and ready.  I feel very strong emotionally and it really made me remember how bad I have wanted this.    So unless something major happens in the next 18 or so hours there is no backing out.  I am soooo ready to move on with my own life :) Pray that this continues to progress and that this works out please. Thank you so much everyone.  Truly. I can't even find the words to really express how you all have impacted me. Love, Lynsey P.S. Remember, my family does not know I am getting WLS... they think I am getting out patient surgery for a female problem lol
dramqueen6
on 6/1/08 2:42 pm - Glendale, AZ

Hey girl..  I am so happy your siste is pulling through... Im sorry you have had to go through all this before your big day.. But now that everyhing has seemed to turn out okay you can focus on yourself and your surgery... We are all here for you!!!  LUV YA!

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Gena L.
on 6/1/08 2:46 pm - Sun City, AZ
Oh Lyns....Fibbing to your family!  Just kidding. You do what you think is best but I sure could not have hid my surgery from my mom she would have known in a heartbeat.  You are going to do so much better post-op than I did tho I just know it.  Thank you for letting us know about your sister. We have all been so worried. I am pleased you will get your surgery as scheduled and we have a losers bench reserved all for you...of course you can share it if you want to! Gena

MShawn62
on 6/2/08 1:22 am - Avondale, AZ

I'm so happy your sister is doing better.  I know how hard it can be when you love a person with addiction problems.  I'm also very happy that you've decided to take care of yourself.  Your deserve this and I can't wait to see your post-op posts.

Shawn

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wow7xaM/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wow7xaM/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/08 3:38 am - AZ
Lyns, I am so happy your going to have your surgery. I am glad your sister is going to be okay. It is none of no one business that your having WLS. My reason will be that I am having my hernia fixed again. After the first WLS they always put me down as saying your taking the easy way out. This  is the only option that we have left.They say If the surgery did not work before why are you doing it again. Than they say your a big failure. I am glad they live back in MIchigan because I don't want to listen to all there negative comments. You have every right to tell them what ever you want to tell them. I am so happy for you Tomorrow. Keep us all posted because really care about you . I have not ever met you but I hope I do. Your a good inspiration for me and others. Thanks , Dawn in Peoria 
beckipoohbear
on 6/2/08 6:27 am - AZ
Good luck Lyns! I know everything will go fabulously tomorrow. The hospital will take good care of you and if you get Bailey the nurse's aide she is wonderfully cheerful and helpful, she really made my first night much easier. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

azreggie
on 6/2/08 9:10 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Lyns, I so happy to hear that your sister is recovering and that you are going a head with your surgery.  I didn't tell my sisters until I was about a month out.  I didn't want to concern them, and trust me, they would have tried to talk me out of it.  I will be praying for you tomorrow to have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!  Just remember your new mantra," Sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk, and you'll be golden!

Reggie

iveseenital
on 6/2/08 10:44 am - AZ
Im so happy to here your sister is ok.  I wish you lots of luck on your surgery.!!

Gena L.
on 6/2/08 2:15 pm - Sun City, AZ
You GO Girl!  This time tomorrow?  THE bench! Gena

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/08 3:28 pm - AZ
Lyns, Good luck on your sugery tomorrow. I will be thinking of you all day and that everything goes smoothly. Dawn B
Most Active