Painful Gas, Who Else is Having It?

20candy07
on 5/31/08 12:51 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Anyone else suffering from painful gas everyday no matter what you eat??  What are you doing to relieve it when Gas X doesn't work?  Please!!

Gena L.
on 5/31/08 2:54 pm - Sun City, AZ
Sorry you are having problems Candy.  Finally I seem to be feeling much better and it only took 2 whle months ;-)  I was just thinking today that my gas problem is getting much better also.....I used to use the Gasx Strips several times a day. Now only one or 2 a week.....and I seldom seem to burp any more. Thank heavens....maybe this surgery was not such a bad idea after all!  Hope you feel better soon. The regular Gasx pills did me no good at all but the strips sure do! Eating out is getting better too Gena

Gena L.
on 5/31/08 9:31 pm - Sun City, AZ
Ack!  Did I deserve this?  Sure go brag!  We went out to eat tonight and I had refried beans. Shortly after posting my reply the gas started...and I am still awake with it!  It was a new restaurant in the neighborhood and I guess I won't be eating their Mexican food again. Thid has turned into a 2 Gasx strip night so far. Pre wls....I would often drink a  Pepsi and would burp whatever was bothering me right up. It always worked like a charm and that was the only time I ever drank Pepsi. Gena 

20candy07
on 6/1/08 1:33 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hi Gena, I had a passion for eating out and really did enjoy it.  I'm so glad you still do....it is so nice to have someone else do the cooking and picking up after dinner.  I didn't drink soda much before my surgery, but, I find myself craving a swig of pepsi.  I have some GasX strips and am going to take several.  I sit in class all day long and have been just uncomfortable.  Not too mention I am afraid to eat as well cause I don't know if the dumping will occur.   Glad to hear you are feeling better now.... Candy

Gena L.
on 6/1/08 2:22 am - Sun City, AZ
I find Mexican food goes down beautifully for me...but not so crazy about the gas these last beans caused, LOL.  Being diabetic I seldom ever drank soda but that is about the only thing I have craved is a few sips of Pepsi. Thank you....it is wonderful to finally be feeling good again...especially with my father being so ill and in the hospital. I spend several hours each day with him. Gena

terriefaye
on 6/1/08 4:39 pm - mesa, AZ
im 4 months out and i still get gas pains alot and the only thing that helps me is to walk a bit.
20candy07
on 6/4/08 8:45 am - Tolleson, AZ
Gena, I'm so sorry to hear about your father.  I will add him to my prayers.  I went to my dr. today for the gas and to have my blood work done.  He say mylanta should help.  I have been miserable.  I walk and I ride my bike and still I feel terrible.  I can't even narrow it down to the food I eat because everything is affecting me.   Terriefaye, Keep on walking if that helps you and I'm so glad it does because the pains are terrible.  Thank you all for your input.  I guess no one else has problems because you 2 are the only ones that reponded to my plea for help..... I am dying for a sip of coke....! Candy

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 6/10/08 8:47 am
I'm afraid the gas can be quite common. Many of my patients find that a walk helps.  Try a slow, steady 20  to 30 minute outing.  Breath slowly and try and clear your mind.  I bet it will help Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Most Active