Seeking Support Groups

liveinphx
on 5/27/08 12:58 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am having VSG procedure done in MX in the near future. Does anyone know of any on-going support groups in the Phx area that are open to everyone?
desert rat
on 5/27/08 1:12 pm - Goodyear, AZ
There are several but I will tell you about the one I know about:    The west side group meets on the second & fourth Saturday of each month. The meetings take place at Banner Estrella Hospital, Conf Rm 3 from 10:30 to noon. The hospital is at Thomas Rd & 92nd Ave, just off the 101. We have mostly RNY patients, one gal who is trying to get approval for VSG and one or two who have had the lapband. If you have any questions, just let me know. Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
L. TP
on 5/27/08 1:23 pm
I am not sure VSG is offered anywhere in state yet, or at least in phx.  You may deal with a lot of RNY & lap patients which have different issues.  There is another north phoenix one that many on the az board attend.  I think if you see joyce or gena they can give you that info.
sweatysweetie
on 5/27/08 4:29 pm
Dr. Aldridge in Flagstaff does the VBG. Someone who posts on here went to him for it.
Godsblessedme
on 5/28/08 4:27 am
just wanted to say thank you for posting about the Estrella group, i live right near there and in desparate need of a support grp! thanks
JRinAZ
on 5/28/08 8:48 am - Layton, UT
Hey there! Support is KEY to success!  Weigh 2 go with being proactive and getting set to achieve your goals! Here's some groups in the area open to all.  IF you want details on any of them then you can backtrack to some older posts I made with days and times or shoot be a p.m. and I'll hook you up............ Bridges St Luke's goes public (open to all) in June!  2nd Tues of every month at 6:30 pm...........Chandler WLS Support at Chandler Regional is for everyone.  6:-7:30 pm the 4th Tuesday of every month..............West Phoenix is at a Banner hosp and is open to everyone.  1st & 3rd Sat ...........Mountain Vista in East Mesa is open to everyone.  They are the 2nd Weds of every month from 6:30 pm...........Banner Gateway in Gilbert is open to everyone and is the 3rd Weds at 4:30 pm..............others may have other options................C U on the support circuit sometime soon!  I'm a support group junky and hit the road to visit oodles of them!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

liveinphx
on 5/28/08 8:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
Is that Tempe St Lukes or the one in Phx?
JRinAZ
on 5/28/08 12:58 pm - Layton, UT
Phoenix St Luke's---1st Tuesday---at 6:30 pm----All are welcome.  Brand new pysch will be facilitating.
Joyce 

desert rat
on 5/28/08 11:56 am - Goodyear, AZ
Joyce, Just to clarify...Banner Estrella meets on the 2nd & 4th Saturday...not 1st & 3rd Thanks! Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
JRinAZ
on 5/28/08 1:02 pm - Layton, UT
Ahhhhhh DJ!  My brain is befuddled when called upon to rattle of details!  LOL!  I was thinking ODDS instead of EVENS!    Sooooo.... we'll see you on the 2nd and 4th Sats and NOT the 1st and 3rd Sats!  Noted!
Joyce 

Most Active