I call it my Stingy - any advice??

beckipoohbear
on 5/25/08 11:15 am - AZ
So, I have been doing really well these past couple of days post op. I am much less sore, I can get up and down easier, the gas pain is significantly less although still there sometimes. My JP drain site has closed up and stopped draining. Only one potentially weird thing has popped up. I have been having this pain about an inch to the left of my belly button and about a quarter of an inch down. It is not remotely near any of incisions. Occasionally (getting more frequent today), it will sting like somebody just gave me a really bad file folder paper cut and then it either goes away or it burns for a bit. I know Randy told me I would feel some muscle pulling and the like from where they stretched things in the surgery. Is this what I am feeling or is this something that I should be concerned about and call the office about? Any advice would be appreciated. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

20candy07
on 5/25/08 12:29 pm - Tolleson, AZ

You're going to be sore for sure.  Are you running a fever?   Candy

beckipoohbear
on 5/25/08 1:53 pm - AZ
No fever, it was just a different type of sore than everywhere else so I'm not sure whether to be worried or not. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Gena L.
on 5/25/08 1:44 pm - Sun City, AZ
This sounds like the nerve pain I am having in my left thigh.  It is not uncommon for nerves to be damaged during surgery.  My surgeon and my PCP both agreed that was what was causing my pain and that it would resolve it's self eventually.  It (my thigh) feels irritated most of the time and I can ignore it. At other times it burns and hurts like the devil and then other times it stings and I have sharp searing pains shoot across from left to right just above the knee. Let's hope it resolves quickly. I was told that about 25% of wls patients have this following surgery and that sometimes it can also be caused from rapid weight loss in the back and or the sides of the body.

JUS4TRA
on 5/25/08 1:53 pm

I had the same exact pain you are describing. I thought i was crazy.

Most Active