Eating out

Sandra C.
on 5/5/08 4:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone! I went out to eat last night for the first time since surgery. (almost a month) My sister works at the Fireside at the Holiday Inn in Fountain HIlls and asked me to come there last night. We sat on the Patio and the weather was beautiful. You could see the Fountain across the street. It was so relaxing. I ordered a loaded Baked Potato minus the Bacon bits. Of course the first one had Bacon bits and I couldn;t see good ennough to scrape them off so I sent it back and the second one was perfect. I ate what I could and stopped when I felt like I was going to burp. That's usually a good signal to quit. I just scraped the potato out of the middle and ate the potato. There was some melted cheese and a littile sour cream. There still was a bit of potato left, but I know I quit in time because I didn't get sick or had any dumping. I had a cup of coffee before the potato and slowly sipped it and allowed enough time before I ordered dinner. It felt so good to be out. I wore a blouse I hadn't had on in 2 years. that felt good to. So there is life after surgery!
ginau
on 5/5/08 7:37 am - mesa, AZ
Hip Hip Hooray for you !!  just what you needed !  see there is life after surgery .. I am a cheap date a 99 c  Cup of Wendy's  Chilli makes me happy .
iveseenital
on 5/5/08 8:45 am - AZ
That is so funny.... Me and my Friend walk everyday ( We live in Fountain Hills) and last night we were walking around fountain Hills park, right by Fireside! The food there is great I here! ;)

AzViper
on 5/6/08 6:44 am - AZ
Sandra good for you. I plan to have my first bake potato today as I am allowed to begin soft foods. If I am not mistaken the potato should fall in this group. I eat a scrambled egg this morning with no problems along with my 42g protein drink. Keep up the good work... Keith
Most Active