I DO NOT FEEL VERY GOOD - I DO NOW

AzViper
on 5/3/08 11:57 pm - AZ

Last night may have been the turning point. I got a big bag of ice and placed it on my stomach as I was in so much pain. I knew it was gas and hoped that this was going to help lower the swelling. Within about an hour I was like a fine tuned machine passing gas on regular bases. A few hours went by and with each pass I began to feel better. This morning I am pain free and I sure hope it does not return once I begin consuming liquids for the day. I feel like a completely new person with a stomach that is groaning for food.

Gena L.
on 5/4/08 9:29 am - Sun City, AZ
What an idea and it worked!  Good for you Keith....wish I had thought of this when I needed it.  Be careful with size of bites and eat really slow...that is my problem...eating to fast even tho I know I should not as it will send me right back to bed to lie on my right side! Gena

AzViper
on 5/4/08 11:50 am - AZ

Today has been a really good day. I slept better last night than I have in many years. I have been pain free all day. I believe I am on the road to recovery. I drove up to my work today and met with the girl who had Lap Band 3 month ago from the same doctor. She was very surprised to see me and learned of me walking the miles I am walking. I have a scheduled doctors visit on Thursday and I know he will be surprised at the weight I have dropped, of which is going to prolong getting a fill. I am told that fills are usually 1 month post-op anyways. I have been using an antibiotic ointment on the incisions to keep the skin moist and from drying out to quickly. I can already see the redness leaving the area. I do still have some discomfort in my chest and shoulders but nothing like I had the last few days.

Most Active