I DO NOT FEEL VERY GOOD - I DO NOW

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/08 5:18 am - AZ

Thanks for help again. I am keeping a big note book on everything I am learning from everyone. I hope your feeling better. It so nice that people have support on this site. Thanks, Dawn

ginau
on 5/3/08 7:01 am - mesa, AZ
Keith   Glad to hear your feeling better, Its a real learning thing.   Please also try some warm tea - It mighthelp  relax  the stomach and band as cold constricts  Warm will  expand and loosen up the traumatized body !  Mkae sure to be charting your pain . - just in case it continues  
itisjustme
on 5/3/08 2:42 am

Hello, I find chew ice chips real helps, i get my liqs in and it calmed my tummy

good luck

AzViper
on 5/3/08 1:49 pm, edited 5/3/08 1:49 pm - AZ

It's the liquids that appear to bloat me. Maybe I am sipping too much at a time. Maybe I should be on the pain meds as well. I was given Tramadol 50mg tabs to be taken one to two tabs at a time up to four times per day. Count 60 tabs and two additional refills. I was thinking my lord why on earth would I need so much pain meds over a course of 3 months. Now I am wondering if these are also met to combat the pain of the gas as well as the pain of the incisions. I just don’t like taking pain meds but if this is what it going to take to get a good night sleep I just may… Anybody like to respond?   Keith

azreggie
on 5/3/08 3:29 pm - Tucson, AZ

I believe the pain meds are meant for the gas pains.  The inscision pains were nothing compared to the gas pains.  Take the meds, and sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk.  You just had major surgery, why stress your body out while its trying to recover?

Reggie

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/4/08 1:35 am - Tucson, AZ

Keith

Just a thought:  Are you mixing the protein with water or milk???  I became lactose intolerant after surgery big time and milk would make me very gassy.  Had to mix protein only with water.

Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

AzViper
on 5/4/08 2:18 am - AZ
On May 4, 2008 at 8:35 AM Pacific Time, jos52bbe wrote:

Keith

Just a thought:  Are you mixing the protein with water or milk???  I became lactose intolerant after surgery big time and milk would make me very gassy.  Had to mix protein only with water.

Becky

I have not touched milk in over a week. Been using the New Whey Protein drinks I bought that have 42g per 3.5 ounces. I use to be a big milk drinker like a gallon every two days. The thought of milk currently turns me off...
Gena L.
on 5/4/08 8:03 am - Sun City, AZ

Keith, I have been taking Tramadol for several years now for my fibromyalgia pain. It is a good pain med and will not make you goofy or sick. Take it as your dr. gave it to you for pain period.  It will make the time between now and going back to work easier and you will be able to be up walking more to get rid of the gas with the Tramadol. When you go back to work it will relax you in the evening and you will sleep better with it.

One thing to remember...it takes 45 minutes approximately for the med to disolve and get through your system (for this reason the liquid Lortab would have been much better, but that is not what your doctor chose to give you).  It is perfectly acceptable to overlap them so that one does not wear off before the next one takes effect. Just do not drive when taking them.  Give in, take them as ordered and feel better

Deanne K.
on 5/3/08 2:10 pm - Tucson, AZ
Keith, Take the pain meds if you need them, especially if you are not sleeping well.  Sleep is so important in the healing process.  I was always nauseous with water.  Sometimes you have to drink past the nausea.  Take smaller sips.  As long as liquids go down you are probably ok, but if you have any concerns by all means call your Dr. that's what you pay him for. Deanne
iveseenital
on 5/3/08 2:28 pm - AZ
Dulcolox Suppositories! Try it, then 2 gas x, wait 1 hour then walk. Walking with this combination will help. :)

Most Active