I DO NOT FEEL VERY GOOD - I DO NOW

AzViper
on 5/2/08 2:05 pm, edited 5/7/08 12:27 am - AZ

Honestly I do not feel very well. I have lost 11 pounds from the time I checked in for surgery. I am bloated, back pain, and just do not feel right. My stomach is bigger than ever even though I have lost the 11 pounds. I feel nauseous at times. I have no fever. I am beginning to think that something may have been left behind in my abdomen. I feel as though I have ingestion all the time. Even taking a deep breath brings on pain just above the stomach.

L. TP
on 5/2/08 2:47 pm
I do not have lap band but the class I took last week they specifically said this will happen to both lap and rny.  Go to the lap band forum...they may be able to offer more advice.  Its likely gas also (along with just adjusting to a piece of plastic in ya).  Poor guy.  It will pass...I know it does! Lyns
dawnmaher
on 5/2/08 2:48 pm - Surprise, AZ
This sounds like a good time to call your surgeons office.  There must be someone on call even on the weekend.  If not, you probably should go to the ER to be on the safe side.  Keep in touch so we don't worry all weekend! Sorry you are feeling so awful.  Huggs, Dawn
L. TP
on 5/2/08 5:53 pm
Absolutely call your surgeon if you feel concerned, I am with Dawn on this. :)
Gena L.
on 5/2/08 10:50 pm - Sun City, AZ
Let us know what you find out Keith?  I suspect it is gas build up.  I can tell you this....while everyone else that had surgery about the same time I did kept saying they felt so good...I felt almost a failure.I was so swollen and bloated, belching every few seconds it seems.  I hurt everywhere, could not take protein, had a terrible time with fluids and eating?  Like you it felt as though "something was there...simply swelling I am sure but it sure felt like something was wrong.   If I did get something down, it stayed there but I virtually had to go lie down in bed on my right side and stay there till the food passsed into the small bowel. I am 1 month post-op today and yesterday was the first time I can say I have felt good. It is also the first time I have eaten and not been nearly ill from discomfort and pain.  What and why me?  Who knows but it was not a major problem like a stricture, etc....I simply did not feel good, no energy, no strength to walk, etc.  There have been good things, like 32 pounds lost. It is very apparent to the eye also. Somehow I sense that yesterday may have been a turning point for me...I hope so.  I also hope you begin to feel better quickly. There were times the last 2 weeks when I wished I had done the lap band but the RNY was important because of my diabetes. I can tell you that I am off more than a few meds and it feels great...still struggling with the diabetes but it will come too. Hang in there Keith, it seems each day is different. Your have your surgeon, if you need him...call him, he has his answering service who will contact him for you. Let us know what is happening...we all are concerned and care! Gena  

Sandra C.
on 5/3/08 12:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sorry you are feeling so badly. I would do what the others have suggested and call the Dr or go to the ER. The stress you are having is probably making it worse and you need to find out what is wrong. If you feel something is wrong, there probably is. For you rown peace of mind, call the Dr. Take care, We are all rooting for you!!
AzViper
on 5/3/08 2:15 am, edited 5/3/08 2:17 am - AZ

I have come to the conclusion its gas as of this morning I felt better but now that I have been drinking liquids I am back to feeling like crap. I went to Walgreens and bought Gas-X with the hope of this relieving some of the gas, as of yet it has not. The only time I feel good is when I am laying down. I know I need to get more liquids into my system as my urine is more golden color of which is a sign of dehydration. Been having a hard time drinking water so I bought Crystal Light to add to the water.

Gena L.
on 5/3/08 3:27 am - Sun City, AZ
Keith, did you get the GasX strips? They work super fast and really get rid of the gas. Also...try drinking room temp water, I had to do that and now I am back to colder water but in the beginning it hurt.   I think the reason we wanted to lay down was because it allows you to stretch out and that allows the gas to move around. In the beginning it hurt me to drink sitting down and in some cases to eat in that position also. I would have to lay down for about 30 minutes everytime I tried to eat anything. Crystal lite helps but also try just ice chips and SF popsicles. Sometimes I have several a day and they really help raise fluid intake....let them melt so they are not quite so cold before eating them if cold hurts. Maybe also try warm tea.  Just a few thoughts. Hope you feel better quickly. Gena

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/08 4:55 pm - AZ
What are gas x strips ? Are they sublingual ? Thanks, Dawn
Gena L.
on 5/4/08 4:32 am - Sun City, AZ
Look for them in the antacid setion. They are tiny thin strip with GasX in them. Just lay one on your tounge and let it dissolve. It only takes a couple of minutes to work and the first time I used one post-op it REALLY got the gas moving!  They come in Spearmint and in Cinnamon flavor and also in a children's formula that works for adult's if you can not find the adults package. Have a package handy when you come home from the hospital. Works better than anything else! Gena

Most Active