Out Of Surgery

AzViper
on 4/29/08 10:52 pm, edited 4/30/08 11:24 pm - AZ

I am doing AOK. Have yet to be released from the hospital, but I hope to be this morning. I walked 1.4 miles last night in the hospital, even broke out some sweat. The staff was in shock, one girl said I was making her dizzy after zooming by her each lap. I even wore holes in my socks as I was walking at a very fast clip. The hospital has free WIFI so I am able to reach out to the world on my Palm PC. Well this will be my last post until I go home today, its 6:00am. Thanks everyone for being a friend... Keith

UPDATE: Change of shift of the RN and they had me up and walking, I put down another 3/4 of a mile. Not sure what pain meds I am on but my knee does not hurt when walking.

UPDATE: I am home "YEPPIE" Now the pain meds are wearing off. I have 5 holes and three HUGE bruises on my stomach due to the Heparin drugs they gave me into my stomach. How funny I weigh more today than I did when I went into the hospital even through I was on liquids and had walked.

AzViper
on 4/30/08 11:23 pm, edited 4/30/08 11:26 pm - AZ
The last few days after surgery has been rough. The gas in my shoulders is very painful. My taste buds are gone as nothing apprears to taste very good. I know I am not getting enough liquids into my system. The protein drinks before surgery taste like crap. I am weak and very tired.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/1/08 1:07 am - Tucson, AZ

Keith

This is all pretty normal.  Remember we all told you that your tastes would change.   Right now just get in as much protein and water as you can tolerate.  Eventually you will be able to do much more.  Get lots of rest.  I remember being so exhausted too and when I had some protein I felt a little stronger.

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

AzViper
on 5/1/08 2:14 am - AZ
Just got back from walking another mile. This mile was much harder due to the knee pain, but I passed a bunch of gas of which will make me feel better. I am going to call the YMCA and join so that I can get into water aerobics and weight-lifting. Will not be able to star****er aerobics until next week because I need to heal. Thanks Becky I remember everyone saying the my taste would change. I did drink one of my New Whey Protein Drinks that contain 42g of protein.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/1/08 2:32 am - Tucson, AZ

Keith

Has your doctor cleared you for weight lifting????  Don't start that too early.  Happy to hear you  are getting rid of some of the gas.  I remember how painful that can be.

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

AzViper
on 5/1/08 2:48 am, edited 5/1/08 2:51 am - AZ
Becky,

I will not start any weight-lifting until next month as I have restrictions. Can't star****er aerobics until next week so that the incisions have a chance to heal. I know I need to pace myself but I can’t see sitting around when I have two weeks off… I will go out this evening for another walk.

Most Active