Surgery Day Has Arrived

AzViper
on 4/28/08 8:53 pm, edited 4/28/08 10:56 pm - AZ

Tuesday has arrived, it’s 4:00 am and I need to be at St. Joseph by 6:30 am. Back when I started this adventure with my first visit with Dr. Schwartz I weighed 375 pounds. This morning after being on protein drinks for over two weeks I am down to 357 pounds. The 18 pounds lost before surgery is a direct result of the 1200 calorie diet and exercise.

For anyone to ever say to any of us that we took the easy way out in having surgery is nuts. This has not been easy at all. I did have a few bumps along the way in staying on the diet and I am glad I had started a few days earlier. The headaches from not eating are gone but I can’t wait to begin eating real food again. I have switched from doing protein drinks in the morning and afternoon to drinking a protein drink in the morning followed a small lunch then a protein drink in the evening. I have sugar free popsicles and sugar free pudding in the evening to carry me through.

I look forward to the days and months ahead as I watch my body transformed into a new me, a me that I have not seen in 20 years. I look forward to walking and maybe running again once I have the knee replaced.

To be successful you have to exercise. I will be joining a fitness center soon so that I can use the fat as energy to gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so I may not see the weight drop off that I hope to see at the beginning. My energy level drops way off by the afternoon because of the food intake.

Hope to be writing back to all of you in the days following surgery. Thank you all for the encouraging words and God Bless all of you…   Keith

Heading Towards 220 Pounds

iveseenital
on 4/28/08 9:39 pm - AZ
i wish you a fast recovery.

Sandra C.
on 4/29/08 12:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
So happy for you Keith! It's 7:22 aM and you're probably in surgery right now and I am praying that everything goes smoothly. Hugs!!
Rachel B.
on 4/29/08 12:30 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
Keith, Best of luck!  We'll be thinkin bout ya!  Lucky Duck!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/29/08 1:20 am - Tucson, AZ

I'm just now reading this post and you are probably out of surgery by now.  I am hoping that all went well and we will be reading your post from the losers bench shortly.  Best wishes to you Keith.

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Deanne K.
on 4/29/08 1:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Keith, Best of Luck to you on a speedy recovery and a continued weight loss on your new journey.  We are all here for you. Deanne
L. TP
on 4/29/08 3:11 am
yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaa Keith!  You should be done now!  Fabulous.  Lyns
beckipoohbear
on 4/29/08 3:13 am - AZ
Congrats! and my best wishes for a quick recovery.  Hopefully everything went perfectly and you'll be up and about in no time. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

azreggie
on 4/29/08 5:11 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Keith, Congrats and welcome to the Loser's Bench!  I wish you and uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Reggie

Most Active