I'm moving to AZ, looking for a doctor

Lesliewith2girls
on 4/28/08 6:51 am - West Warwick, RI
Hi, I had gastric bypass on December 10.  I am moving to the Peoria area in the next 6 weeks and will need a bariatric surgeon for follow up care.   I was wondering if anyone has some hints on who would be the best bet for me. Thanks Leslie
Gena L.
on 4/28/08 9:38 am - Sun City, AZ
From what I have read on the forums, surgeon's can be very reluctant to take on another surgeon's patient, especially one from elsewhere in the country. What you might consider doing is contacting your surgeon to see if he would make a recommendation to a surgeon here in Phoenix and actually contact the surgeon on your behalf, as well as fax copies of all your records. This might make for a smoother transition for you.  Good luck with your move and Peoria is just down the street from me. Lived there for many years when it was tiny little town.  Gena

ginau
on 4/28/08 11:51 am - mesa, AZ
Welcome to Phx Leslie  Call on Dr Schlesinger, He is warm caring and willing to help  any patient. you can reach him at  480 419-2280, he will be more than willing to help you in any way ... You might notice the Az weightloss solutions  ads - thats him !!!
Michael B.
on 4/28/08 2:51 pm - Gilbert, AZ

I went through the same kind of thing. I had my surgery in North Carolina then moved here. I called literally every bariatric practice I could in town, and only two were willing to accept patients from other practices.  Ultimately, I decided to see Dr. Schlesinger because of his extensive experience in bariatrics, and specifically RNY patients. I've been very pleased with that decision and offer my personal endorsement.

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

FLGail
on 4/29/08 7:53 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, What internist did you find that will work with people who had gastric bypass? I am laso moving their in a year and will need a good internist. Thanks Gail
ginau
on 4/29/08 11:27 am - mesa, AZ
Contact Schlesinger - he can refer you out !
FLGail
on 4/29/08 9:48 pm - Sun City, AZ
Thanks amillion! I will defintely check them out. It is hard to find a good internist who is familiar with RNY.
Azskyprincess
on 4/29/08 3:12 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Dr Kevin Turner in Glendale is awesome with RNY ...HE has been sooo awesome since mine
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/29/08 10:54 pm - Tucson, AZ

Gail,

You are moving to North Tucson aren't you???  You might not want to drive to Phoenix for an internist.  My PCP is on the Southeast side of Tucson but his wife is on the Northside and her name is Irene Duarte.

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

FLGail
on 4/30/08 6:14 am - Sun City, AZ
Becky, Thanks Becky, Are you going to the Obesity help conference in September? I am going to be visting Tucson at that time and will attend. Would love to see ya there. Please let me know? Gail
Most Active