64 Hours Until Surgery

AzViper
on 4/21/08 2:32 pm, edited 4/26/08 9:04 am - AZ

Not that I am counting but it’s just over 1 week away to my surgery date. The weight loss has kinda tampered off after being on these protein drinks for 10 days. I have lost about two inches in the waist and my face looks thinner. The 1200 calories per day has been a challenge but the next 7 days I believe will be easier as the headaches are gone. I go for my pre medical work-up on Thursday morning and then I have the weekend to get through. I have scheduled two weeks off even though the Doc. said I needed only 1 week.

L. TP
on 4/21/08 3:16 pm
Awesome!  I can't wait until I can say that!  Are you nervous?  I am very proud of you, you are really taking this on so well and being a roll model for others! Lynsey
AzViper
on 4/21/08 3:53 pm - AZ
On April 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM Pacific Time, lynsmyster wrote:
Awesome!  I can't wait until I can say that!  Are you nervous?  I am very proud of you, you are really taking this on so well and being a roll model for others! Lynsey

Hi Lynsey.... No I am not nervous at all. I have had a number of surgeries over the years and knowing this is only a 30 minute process helps. Sixty Minutes had a special on WLS on Sunday and I began to think if I had made the correct decision on the type of surgery I was having. Then I had to re-assure myself that my doctor had stopped doing RNY’s in favor of Lap Band and this got me back on track. The lady I work with who had her surgery about 3 months ago told me today that she is down 59 pounds. She and I have the same surgeon.

iveseenital
on 4/21/08 3:41 pm - AZ
Go ahead and count those hours. Time fly's by so quick!

Sandra C.
on 4/21/08 9:38 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Keith..I remember the countdown week. It went fast. I am excited for you! I watched the 60 minutes show (I watch every Sunday) and thought the piece on WLS was really good and hopefully will be a good influence to help more people get approved for sugery by their insurance companies. I beleive it said that now only 1% get the surgery. I felt really lucky when heard that, that my insurance company gave me this oportunity to get healthy. I have been on full liquids for 2 weks now and I beleive today I can introduce pureed food. I am going to Banner Good Sam Bariatric group today and I will talk to the nutritionist today. So far, no nausea or feeling too full. yOu are doing just great on your liquids and I am sure once you have the lapband the pounds will just fall off. Good luck!
Gena L.
on 4/25/08 9:42 am - Sun City, AZ
Been watching for your next count down Keith. Time is getting really close and  I know the weekend will be tough...seems they drag when you are waiting for something but the day will get here!  Do you have someone who will post for you and let us know you came out sitting on the loser's bench? We are all excited for you! Gena

AzViper
on 4/25/08 10:17 am, edited 4/25/08 10:27 am - AZ
Hi Gena, I will have access to the internet from St. Joseph Hospital from my room. I plan to take my hand held computer and hope to be able to post. I will only be staying overnight and then its back home.

AzViper
on 4/25/08 10:12 am - AZ
Most Active