Scottsdale Bariatric booked until August?

dramqueen6
on 4/18/08 7:42 am - Glendale, AZ
Okay so today I spoke with Joanne at Scottsdale Bariatric.. She has actually been extremely helpful and has returned my calls pretty fast.  United Behavioral has given me clearence and said I am a good candidate.. Now I am awaiting my insurance to give the green light.  When I spoke with Joanne she told me I should hear back as early as a week.. I asked her when are they booking right now?  She told me it could be anywhere from August to November.. Wow I hope i dont have to wait until November!  For all the scottsdale patients out there what has been your experience with the wait time of your surgery date from when you got your approval?   Thanks!! Cindy

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
beckipoohbear
on 4/18/08 8:02 am - AZ
I was approved at the end of January and I received a mid May date, so that sounds about right.  I actually have been talking to Joanne b/c I got scheduled with the new surgeon without my consent and I wanted to switch to Blackstone and she told me the earliest date available was August 5th.  So, the wait sounds pretty normal for Scottsdale Bariatric.  I know it's a long wait but I completely believe it's worth it for their program. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

dramqueen6
on 4/18/08 8:10 am - Glendale, AZ
I am wondering if the other doctor has appointments sooner?  I guess I assumed it would be earlier since there was now a 2nd doctor.. But your 100% right, its worth the wait..

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
JUS4TRA
on 4/18/08 9:58 am
Hey beckipooh how is that going are you going to stay with the other doctor or change.

beckipoohbear
on 4/19/08 1:37 am - AZ
I am staying with the other doctor unless a date opens up with Blackstone or I get a weird feeling at my preop appointment. I just can't rearrange my schedule again. I have pushed off hearings for about 40 people regarding their child support until July to take the time off for my surgery and I can't do that to people again. So hopefully it goes well and I will have the "honor" (?) of being one of the first this surgeon does in Arizona. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

iveseenital
on 4/18/08 9:17 am - AZ
I was approved for my Surgery Febuary 14th, and had my Surgery April 3rd. ;)

westvalley
on 4/18/08 9:20 am - Glendale, AZ
I was approved Oct 2007 and had surgery March 2008.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
SKennedy13
on 4/18/08 2:24 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with
That sounds like a long time to me. Perhaps my surgeon just wasn't that busy. I was approved then had my surgery exactly two weeks later. The only reason I had to wait that long was because I had to do the pre op diet
L. TP
on 4/18/08 4:42 pm
I was approved I think on March 19th and my surgery is June 3.
merryterry
on 4/18/08 4:38 pm - AZ
Holy carp! I was hoping for a date in early summer. Now I'm thinking about changing employers and that might mean an insurance change so I was really hoping to get in much sooner. I wouldn't mind going with the new dr. I emailed Heather last week to see where I was with info from my old doctor's office and still haven't  heard from her. guess I'll have so waste some time at work on the phone this week.
Most Active