Another one about....HAIR!

Megs515
on 4/14/08 8:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
So, I am about 4 months post op and I have started losing my hair. You can't really tell when you look at me but I can tell. Especially when I get out of the shower or I bru****so, my question is...when does your hair start to grow back?

Gena L.
on 4/14/08 9:21 am - Sun City, AZ
Use your finger tips to stroke your scalp, checking for new growth stubble or ask you hair dresser to tell you when she begins seeing new short hairs. You may find that it  already has started to grow. I have had major surgery more than a few times and always have hair loss afterward and yet I never really paid attention to when it came back. It is common to shed hair all the time, but having surgery accelarates the loss for a short time. I think no more than a few months at the most. I am a retired hair dresser if that counts for anything.  Hair grows fast typically in AZ because it is so warm here....sometimes at the rate of 1 to 1 1/2" a month during our long summers. I always had to cut clients hair more often in summer and know my own grows faster this time of year. Don't worry too much about it as I do not think it will last long. Gena

Megs515
on 4/14/08 10:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Gena!! Hopefully it will start to grow back soon!

maxaz1
on 4/16/08 2:07 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi - I had surgery on 8/14, so I am 8 months out now, and the hair loss really freaked me out at 5 months - started about 4 months out. But last month my hairdresser said there was lots of new growth, and this month I can see the difference. So I would say - for me anyway - loss was 4-6 or 7  months out, and growth began in that 7th month. It'll be fine....
Megs515
on 4/17/08 6:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks so much for letting me know!! Hopefully not too much longer of this. But, I guess in the long run, it is a small price to pay for the fantastic thing that has happened.

Most Active