2 Days Post Op

TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 3:43 am - AZ

I just had my surgery on 3/12.  I am home, but having trouble with eating Jello!  I noticed it at the hospital yesterday.  It hurts when the Jello goes down.  Not my throat, but like I can feel it sliding all the way down and it's painful.  I don't know if this is normal or not.  Has anyone else experienced this when they first had their surgery?  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Nicole W.
on 3/14/08 4:30 am - Cave Creek, AZ

Are you really making sure that Jello is like mush when it goes down?  If it is, it is pretty normal for days post op.  If you are really concerned call the office they will get back to you very quickly. I used a ice pack for a few days post op on my left side to help decrease the swelling and I sucked on ice alot too.   Congrats on your surgery! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

TooFunnyTiffany
on 3/14/08 4:34 am - AZ

Yeah, I'm making sure that it is liquid before I swallow.  I figured I would switch to chicken broth to see if that is any better.  Water is OK, so I'm guessing broth will be too ... I guess we'll see.  If it continues, I'll call the office.

Thank you for the response and the info!  :)

Tiffany

lemarie22
on 3/15/08 5:30 am - Glendale, AZ
When I had trouble in the beginning, I would drink a couple of sips of warm tea or broth first.  That seemed to relax my tummy and then things went down better.  I promise that things will get better. Connie
Most Active