I've got a date!!

Sandra C.
on 3/11/08 10:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I've got a date...finally, after 2 years...with Dr Juarez..at Banner Good Sam. I've never been there, don't know where it's at..but I'll find it. I still can't beleive this is finally going to happen. My pre-op papers should be coming in a week according to Nichole. I had to call the office 5 times in a row to get her on the line to talk to me to confirm everything..I know she's extremely busy..but hey! I've got a job..and need to make plans and let work know. I know the receptionists at Dr Juarez's office think I'm a pest..but , sometimes you have to be persistant!! This is a big deal!! I respect the Dr's staff is overwhelmed, and they are all so kind..I'm finally getting my hopes up and feeling happy that in a month I'll be on my way to good health again. April 8th is the big day!! 
westvalley
on 3/11/08 10:36 pm - Glendale, AZ
Congrats! Good Luck on your weight loss journey.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Sandra C.
on 3/12/08 4:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you for your reply Julie! I am almost walking on air and I haven't even lost any weight yet. My daughter asked me if I am nervous about the surgery and I said not at all..I'm worried about my boyfriend being home alone with our new puppy for 3 days! Bless you and Happy Weight Loss!
20candy07
on 3/12/08 6:27 am - Tolleson, AZ
Congratulations!!!  I wish you the best....Next thing you know you will be post op!!  It comes very quickly.  Eveyone who has had WLS looks great and are on the road to staying healthy.  Dr. J. is very nice and has a nice bedside manner.   Just a reminder...Dr. J's office is extremely busy...any paperwork to take off work for your surgery, disability, return to work etc....take them in with you filled out as much as possible and have him sign it.  They can make copies for their files.  Don't count on faxes or mail or you will be waiting for that important paperwork that MAY not get a signature in time.  I took 6 weeks off to heal properly and get into the post-op routine, but, I hear most only take 3 weeks.  Again...congratulations! Candy
Sandra C.
on 3/12/08 12:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you so much..I think I will take you up on your advice about the paperwork. I have a good job and I don't need grief at work, as I just started there and they are being really good about me taking some time off. I do office work and I told Nichole jokingly that she should ask the Doc to hire me to help her catch up on her work. She has been really kind to me, even though when she finally does answer the phone, she takes me off guard and I always say."I'm waiting for Nochole, who is this?" and she says "This is Nichole!" Lol!!    The Dr told me I will probably be off 3 weeks, but we'll see. I'm like you. I don't want to pu**** Even though I have a desk job..it's the driving in traffic that scares me. I have been trying to put my picture on here but I must be doing something wrong. I'll figure it out sooner or later. No bathing suit pictures though. Maybe in a year. Lol   Sandra
azreggie
on 3/12/08 7:02 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey congrats!  That's awesome.  Time will fly by.  My date is April 4th.  We'll probably be passing ships since I will be at Good Sam too.

Reggie

Sandra C.
on 3/12/08 12:50 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the congrats!! Don't wear the nurses out for when I get there! We are going to start Spring out in style aren't we? I'm just so glad that by summer I won't be hauling all this fat around, aren't you?
Gena L.
on 3/12/08 7:19 am - Sun City, AZ
Congratulations!  Such a relief when all the waiting is over for approval and a surgical date. I will be having my surgery on April 3rd at Good Sam. My pre-op day is Friday morning and I can not wait!  Good luck to you and keep posting. Gena

Sandra C.
on 3/12/08 12:36 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Gena. We may pass in the hall. I know you have to be as excited as a kid at Christmas! I still won't beleive it all the way till the anethesiologist tells me to count backward, though. I have had a few close calls but never gotten this close. It has been a good year for me so far...so maybe this is finally it! Good luck to you!
Gena L.
on 3/12/08 1:26 pm - Sun City, AZ
I think we are starting the year out right!  It will only get better and better as time goes by.  I plan to be up walking in that hall every hour on the hour. I don't sleep anyway so may as well work at getting to go home the next day.  We are 2 lucky people...getting a chance to start over like this. One thing for sure....my poor spine will not miss all this extra weight as it melts off Gena

Most Active