My Dr's office is making me mad

SexyontheInside
on 1/14/08 2:48 am - Surprise, AZ
I am having WLS on 2/5/08 and I am having some concerns and major frustration with my Dr.'s staff. I can't get them to tell me what I need to do to get prepared for my surgery and if I call they say they will send out the packet of info, but they haven't even prepared it. Can someone who has had WLS with Dr. Juarez in PHX please let me know what I need to do before surgery, and let me know if they are having any of the same problems with the staff??
20candy07
on 1/14/08 5:04 am - Tolleson, AZ
They will send you the pre-op stuff because they can't do the surgery without that done.  There's lab work, chest xrays, respiratory prep, maybe heart tests, etc. Not too mention the famous bowel prep the day before your surgery!!!!  The dietician will send you an appointment for their pre -  op prep on post care menu class as well.  You will need the list of vitamins to take post op.  They have to provide you with that because that post op care. They are probably still short handed in the office so the customer service probably still stinks.  AFter Diana B. left, it was hard for me to get my paperwork  for disability done. If you have any forms that should be filled out to release you from work,  take them in and get it signed by Dr. J himself with an appointment.  Disability, same way....make an appointment and get it done while you wait otherwise they will not get that done.  Release to return back to work, you should get that done as well with your post op appointment.  Otherwise, you won't get them or won't get them in a timely matter.   I don't have to see Dr. J for another couple of months for follow up to my surgery in October.  I'm just glad I don't need anything from the office.   I like Dr. J.  He has a very nice manner about him as far as I was concerned.  His office may still be shorthanded and perhaps still training newbys.   You should be hearing from them.  Call the dietician for starters.  I'm sure whomever answers Dr. J.s office phones will give you the telephone numbers. It'll come together. Regards,
SexyontheInside
on 1/14/08 2:58 pm - Surprise, AZ
Thank you for answering my questions. I think I am just anxious and want to make sure everything goes smoothly.  Hopefully it will all come together soon. Thanks,
20candy07
on 1/22/08 6:37 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hello... Did you get your pre-op paperwork  and appointment for the classes yet? Candy
Gena L.
on 1/22/08 6:43 pm - Sun City, AZ
I am waiting for my paper work to go to BC/BS Federal. I have completed all my testing, that I know about. I called Dr J's office last week and asked Nicole (insurance) to call me. All week waited for a call and none came. So this past Monday I called again and tried to speak with Nicole. I kept getting the message "mailbox is full" over and over so called back and  think I spoke with a Diana. I told her I could not leave a message for Nicole as the mail box was full, Diana was not very happy about that. I told her I needed to speak with Nicole to ask if  they had received the results of my cardiac testing, and was there anything else they needed. I could tell that the office was very hectic. I finally just said "Apparently there are some real problems in your office?" She whispered that she could not talk at that time....and took a message. Later in the day Nicole did call. Said she did not have cardiac results yet. Then told me she had nothing in my file from my PCP or Rhumatologist.....this is the exect opposite of what she told me weeks ago. I was told at that time that she was ready to send the paperwork only needed the cardiac reports and paperwork would go to BC/BS. I was so angry I could have chewed the telephome line. At that point I decided to wait one more week for everything to come together and then I will get very proactive with her and the office. I know for a fact that the Rhumatologist sent the paperwork over the day after my appointment which was Dec. 3rd.  It seems there are real problems in that office. I do not have much patience with ill managed Dr's offices as I worked for years in healthcare and interacted with many busy gastroenterology offices scheduling patients and procedures. Does anyone know who the office manager for Dr J's office is?  I have waited too long to have this surgery  done to have someone who is unhappy with her job screw this up for me. Sorry, just venting my irritation. I was very pleased with Dr Juarez when I saw him and do not want to start all over with another surgeon at this point.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/22/08 10:47 pm - Tucson, AZ

Gena

If it were me, I would call them everyday.  I would not input the extension but wait for a live person to come on the line and talk to them.  Keep copies of everything you send them.  When you see Dr. Juarez let him know about the problems that you are having with his office and how you feel about it.  He would want to know.  I had a few issues when I went through the approval process, but not near the problems I have been hearing about as of late.  Best of luck.  Dr. Juarez is a wonderful surgeon and you will be happy with him.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Gena L.
on 1/23/08 2:05 am - Sun City, AZ
OK....now I must eat crow. I called the rhumatology office, they faxed the paper work to Good Sam Bariatric and they in turn faxed it to Dr Juarez office who claims they never saw the paperwork, however Hana faxed it a second time while we were on the phone talking.  I then called my internist's office. They have sent nothing yet in spite of telling me they had. They still do not have the results of my nuclear stress test. I will see my internist on the 31 st for results of cardiac testing and the letter of medical necessity. But still in all there should be better communications when trying to schedule surgery...not only in Juarez office but also my own internist office. I am not the most patient person so I just need to take a deep breath and step back as it will not get done any faster if worry about it. Thanks for all your suggestions. I do surely intend to let Dr Juarez know about the problems in the office though. Have a good day everyone.

JRinAZ
on 1/23/08 4:33 am - Layton, UT
Gena! I eat crowe ALL the time.......grilled with some cajun sauce, BBQ'd,.....you name it!  ....It keeps us humble and admitting it is sooooooo admirable!  ......  Your magic will happen! Huggggzz! Joyce Note:  Crowe can possibly be a very good protein source!!!! 
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/23/08 9:40 am - Tucson, AZ
ASk that a copy of all reports sent to you as well as your surgeon.  Then you will have copies when the surgeon's office says they didn't get it.  Take a folder of all paperwork with you to the hospital on the day of your surgery.  you never know when you might need it.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 1/23/08 12:26 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Gena! I absolutely LOVE all the folks at Bridges and know that they have everyone's best interest at heart.  How about giving Kelly, the Director of the Bariatric Program a phone call.  Sometimes our personal agenda's become all consuming and it's hard to see the guys at the "business" as folks who may be doing their best too.  .....  I totally agree that your calls should be returned and that the information you are given should be consistent.  ....  Hang in there and hop around with different phoning strategies (pressing O instead of their extension sometimes gets you a real person).   Though the squeeky wheel gets the oil..........you may want to try the "soft" approach.  Many years ago when Nicole was handing my file (she was then with Dr. Zahn)....I took her goodies!!!  ......  Not that I'm an advocate of bribes but......she pushed my file through in 3 days!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active