getting ready

UnderDog
on 1/3/08 2:08 am

should i start taking multi vitamains my surgery is in 3 weeks and should i start a protein drink diet ?  im a little overwhelmed  now that i have a date for surgery 1/21/008 i need some help

Art

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/3/08 3:28 am - Tucson, AZ
I started protein before surgery (a few months) and Biotin.  The protein helps your immune system and you will heal faster after surgery.  Personally, I didn't have any problems after surgery.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 1/3/08 4:26 am - Layton, UT
Art, You should be getting a call to schedule you for your pre-op appointments and your teaching day.  If you need to be on a protein diet prior to surgery then they should have told you by now.  Jan 21st is just around the corner.  You must have gotten lucky and gotten into a cancellation spot. I would highly recommend purchasing protein samples (Nutrition Warehouse locally or on-line with www.vitalady.com) and then order the biggies after your surgery.  You tastebuds will evolve so no need to get stuck with a $50 tub of protein you can't stand. Bridges/St Lukes is very good about guiding you every step of the way.  Once you get your written material then read through it carefully and tag the spots you want to come back to.  It will include lists to do, to take to the hosp, etc. Congratulations!  Good luck!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Celeste R
on 1/3/08 11:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
Art, First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I would start getting used to taking your multivitamins as it will be a life long relationship.... It can't hurt. As for the protein do whatever your doctor suggests. Every surgeon has their own protocol. Good luck to you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.... Take care.. Celeste RNY 5/19/05 130lbs
johnb_az
on 1/4/08 8:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You should have a pre-op appt. and your doctor should tell you when to take liquids prior to surgery.  Like Joyce said, don't buy too many of the same kind of protein drinks pre-op as your taste changes post op.  Good luck.
Most Active