So here I am...3 days post-op

Megs515
on 12/19/07 2:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
haha I know exactly what you are talking about. My mom and sister had Chick Fil A the other day (brought it home to eat it) and I was sooo frustrated! HA!! But I just keep telling myself that this will be worth it in the end and at most..only 2 more weeks left in this phase. Then it is on to bigger and better things!
M. clarke
on 12/19/07 2:46 am
Hang in there! It sucks right now!!! It will get better :) I promise! I personally think it sucks of people to not be more sensitive of our needs during this time. This is a major surgery in which we have spent thousands of dollars to help cure ourselves of a life threatening disease (obesity) and they should eat their pizza, or other yummies in the closet! At least for the first 30 days while our poor little pouches heal and we adjust to this new way of living. Right?? They wouldn't drink in front of a alcoholic the day they came out of rehab right?? I remember how hard the first month was especially during the holidays. Hang in there :) Before you know it you will be through the worst of it :)
SisterMadly
on 12/19/07 3:07 am
What you just said brought tears to my eyes.  Monday night "Dad" brought home Pizza and asked me to put it on plates for the kids.  I felt like throwing the pizza at him!  I am pretty depressed right now.  I need to hear these promises that it will get better,  because I really wish I could turn back time and die from obesity instead of living the miserable life I am living right now.  Thanks for posting.
M. clarke
on 12/19/07 4:53 am
(((( BIG HUGS )))) Your not alone. We are all here for you on the board. I remember how dark and alone I felt during the first few months post op.  Keep in mind that although, yes hormonally you might be a little out of wack because of the drastic weight changes your feelings are still very valid!!! It isn't fair that they aren't more sensitive to what you are going through. But truth is, they aren't going to be. We have to adapt to survive, because they aren't going to. Last year after my surgery my sister in law brought pies into my house. So when they were all out shopping I went into the kitchen and threw the pies into the garbage. She got mad at me. And it may have been immature of me, but I was so depressed and miserable and having those pies in the house was like a black cloud over my head. It gave me some empowerment to throw them away. To have at least a day of no temptation in the house. He is lucky he wasn't eating his pizza off the floor! Insensitive Idiot!  Next time he says something so dumb maybe you should serve his up on the bottom of a shoe. Maybe that will give him a clue. ((( MORE BIG HUGS))))  You are going to be soooo beautiful. So healthy. You are going to feel so fantastic. You are going to be able to walk up flights up stairs without being breathless. No joint pain. No stiffness. And these next few months will be long forgotten. You will only remember them when you see someone like yourself going through it and then you only remember it long enough to want to give some kind words of encouragement to the next person going through it. You are going to feel better in a few months, and in a year you will be a different woman. Please always feel free to PM me also!
JRinAZ
on 12/19/07 11:55 am - Layton, UT
Hey there SisterMadley, Could you have a little visit with Dad and let him know that you wouldn't pass "crack" out to anyone right now and that pizza is YOUR CRACK!!!!!  Oh my gosh!!!!  .........Our loved ones sometimes miss the sensitivity aspect of our weight loss journeys!  ....Maybe just get ahead of the game and be ready with a yummy protein drink when you think they're going to wave pizza or other things in front of you.  Head hunger is an evil monster! Hang in there! ......Textures and flavors are just around the corner.  Before long you'll be able to pinch some of the topping off of a slice of pizza and feel like you've eaten the entire thing!  You'll be just as satisfied as if you'd had several slices too. You can do it!!!!  Christmas is just days from being over!  The temptations won't be as bad for most of us and we can focus on the New Year bringing in a New healthy, lighter body! ...thinking happy thoughts for you!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

SisterMadly
on 12/20/07 12:02 am
Thanks so much.  I have one more week to go before purees.  I think I will feel much better then.  Pizza is my crack.  Someone should write a song about that!
Megs515
on 12/20/07 1:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
AMEN!!!! hahaha
Most Active