insurance woes

rubydeeis40
on 12/11/07 6:54 am
Hi everyone, ' Well since my last posting I have not accomplished much except finding out that the doc ( Simpson) I was  checking into wants me to pay 600 in advance and they would try to get the surgury approved then. I have Mercy care through the state insurance. Well the docs office (Simpson) told me mercy care does not cover lapband surgury at all, but yet I find a patient on his list with mercycare insurance. I am on the search now for a physician  who can work with my access insurance. Access told me I should call the 5 other plans  to see if any of them cover gastric surgury. I did see on the board here that Simpson and Juarez have worked with APIPA So if I can get a docs office to take that insurance I have to call Access and tell them I want to switch plans then after a denial I can switch to a different one. This all takes time. The lady at Mercy care told me to  go to the ER and they would have to fix it but I know better than that , they will give me pain pills and refer me to a bariatric doc. Been there done that . I cant believe how much trouble I am having with this for god sakes  my tube is in my pelvis and my port is floating all over I am in constant aching pain, I have no restriction as there is no fluid in my band. So how  can they refuse me. It sure is a hassle to get a doc after moving out of the state (wisconsin)where I had the surgury. Nobody wants to touch me , damn my sister  for throwing us out in colorado  I had found a Doc who would fix it for me and  Colorado medicaid approved it right after I got my daughter and I back to Arizona. Mercy care was questioning why a doc wanted 600 to take me on as a patient. Does anyone know of  all the insurances that the state has which one might cover the lapband and  what doc may take it ???  I sure would appreciate  some feedback. Has anyone ever had  there tubing come apart from the port??? Could this be a bad band ?  Is it wrecked because they may have used  dye  when they did the portogram I had in 2004   the doc in Colorado said that  if they used dye  it may have clogged it as dye is thick and sticky  ???? Law suit ?????  Hel;p Help Help  Sue     275/191/160    I was down to 174  but I have gained some weight back   :(
JRinAZ
on 12/11/07 10:25 am - Layton, UT
I am sorry that you have had so many problems with your weight loss journey.  I am pretty sure that the only Bariatric program in the entire state that takes your insurance and does NOT require a program fee is Bridges St Luke's with Dr. Fang and Dr. Juarez. Good luck!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

rubydeeis40
on 12/12/07 4:58 am
well I am going to switch from mercy care to apipa   dr Juarez said they do work with that plan or healthchoice. So  access is sending me a denial to switch then I need to appeal it because I need surgury and  mercy care wont pay it .Then  I can switch to apipa and  they do work with gastric lapbanding. Generally I would have to wait  till next year to switch but  with the denial I can then appeal it and then switch to apipa  silly silly silly  but  I will do what I have to do  to get this surgury covered as my tube hanging in my pelvis is not good and the port herniating yikes  thanks for your input   Sue Taake
Most Active