Cholesterol

deenie4
on 11/14/07 10:16 am
Help.. I just got my blood results back and my doctor is saying my cholesterol is high. I can't believe it! Since my surgery date in June, I've lost 70lbs and have been hardly eating anything that is not low-fat! Has anyone else had this problem. I don't really want to start medication as once you're on it, you're stuck on it. Dena
M. clarke
on 11/15/07 5:22 am
Cholesteral isn't always about what we eat or how much we weigh. I know you must be disappointed. I keep hoping my Sleep apnea will go away, but unfortunatly it isn't. I tried sleeping without my cpap machine the other night and woke in the middle of the night gasping for breath. Anyways. Point is I understand the disappointment of not ditching all the ailments with losing the weight. Some times it isn't always the fault of the "weight" that causes the problems we have. 
deenie4
on 11/16/07 2:52 am

Thanks for you response. The biggest bummer is that it worse now than pre-op. I did find out that it is definitely heriditary in on my Dad's side. My aunt went on meds in her late thirties and my Dad started I think about 10 years ago. It is definitely a disappointment.  That stinks about your sleep apnea.. Keep your head up!

Most Active