Proteinex®-18

flyrep
on 11/8/07 2:27 pm - AZ

Any thoughts on this product?

It can be easily mixed with any beverage the patient may choose and with foods such as apple sauce or Jell-O. Proteinex®-18 has maximized the effective dose without increasing volume. Proteinex®-18 is the perfect combination for gastric bypass patients, who need to get the most nutritional value out of the least amount consumed.

Nutritional Information:

2 tablespoons (1oz):

18g………protein

72……….calories

0………...fat

0………...sugar

0………...carbohydrates

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

JRinAZ
on 11/8/07 10:42 pm - Layton, UT
Shannon! It looks like a good product.  I've seen it at different "Health" shows and have always put it on my mental checklist of things to follow up on.  Obviously my "mental" list gets lost in the shuffle of life!  LOL! Let us know what you think!  We'll expect a 200 word essay on this in the next few weeks!!!!  :) What kind of protein is it?  Soy?  Whey?  Blend?  Isolate? I'm preparing for a 3 week liquid phase and am hunting for "options"! Love your new pic!  .....nothing like a "mom and me" shot to make the world smile!!!!! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

desert rat
on 11/10/07 6:14 am, edited 11/10/07 6:14 am - Goodyear, AZ
Joyce, I have never heard of this but it looks interesting.  I looked it up online and found that it doesn't list whey or soy.  It says it's "Pre-Digested" whatever that means.  Any nutritionists on here?  Sandy B., have you got any info?? The nutritional info certainly looks promising.  I like that the serving size is two tablespoons (one ounce) and that you get 18 grams, 0 fat and 0 carbs.  It's JUST protein.  Here is some info from the vendor:

Contains: Purfied water, hydrolyzed collagen, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, calcium saccharin, natural and artificial flavor.

Percentage of recommended daily allowances (RDA) Protein...30%. Contains less than 2% of the RDA of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium and Iron.

• L-Arginine 1440mg  • L-Histidine 132mg • L-Isoleucine 240mg • L-Leucine 540mg  • L-Lysine 780mg • L-Methionine 132mg • L-Phenylalanine 420mg • L-Threonine 360mg

Percent dissolved Collagen in Proteinex®  Liquid: 54 to 59%     Serving Size:  Two tablespoons (30ml) Protein (grams) 18 Calories 72 Fat (grams) 0 Sugar 0 Phosphorus 0 Carbohydrates (grams) 0 Sodium (mg) 5 Potassium (mg) 13 If anyone can translate this into ENGLISH, please speak up! Thanks for the new product info, Shannon, Dj

Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
JRinAZ
on 11/10/07 10:54 am - Layton, UT
DJ, Pre-digested = Whey protein That means we absorb it immediately and won't lose the protein count through the malabsorptive process. Not bad protein gram to calorie ratio either .  It sounds like the 30 grams that we shoot for would then be about 140 calories.  That 's a little higher than I like to go usually but in the basic range.
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Av8trx
on 11/10/07 2:21 pm - north-central, AZ
Does anyone know whether it counts as a clear liquid?  I'd rather do this for my post-op clear liquids diet, than the Profect.
desert rat
on 11/11/07 1:06 am - Goodyear, AZ
I don't know why it wouldn't...after all, it is clear and it is liquid.  I don't about your doc but mine wanted us to avoid anything red because if you bring it back up , they can't tell the difference between it and blood so you'd want to go with the lemon-lime flavor. I do NOT like Profect at all but I have a friend who swears by it.  I much prefer the New Whey and for the past year or so have been suggesting that newbies get the 42 gram vile and take it in two tablespoon doses.  That seems to be what this product does.  New Whey has 57 calories and 13.5 grams of protein per ounce.  You would need 2 viles per day as a minimum if you are eating no other protein, 3 would be better. Any idea what the Proteinex-18 cost?  I generally find the New Whey online for about $2.25 per vile.  If the Proteinex-18 is cheaper, it would certainly be worth a try. If anyone gets it, let us all know if it tastes okay.  All I can imagine is the liquid protein diet "stuff" from the 70's.  That stuff was NASTY!! Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
flyrep
on 11/11/07 11:37 am, edited 11/11/07 11:37 am - AZ
HI everyone, A bottle (16oz ) cost a little over 20.00 plus 7.00 to 14.00 shipping  if shipped from John at DaySpring Medical Products. He is the Operations Manager.  I will be selling this product from my account with him. . You can buy elsewhere from 28.00 to 35.00 per bottle. The company uses John for all thier shipping. Iv placed large orders of both flavors. I love that you only need an an oz at a time. I have been taking it for almost a week. It goes down easier. The flavors are like cough med's though. But for 1 oz at a time and 18g protein Im game.  Im in the East Valley But go into Phx all the time. I can do 23.50 per bottle.  Less if you buy a case of 12. This is a less costly way of doing it to just try the product. I will also have the 1 oz bottle too!  Just let me know. 

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Leann E.
on 11/12/07 6:27 am - Phoenix, AZ
huskerfan85
on 11/12/07 5:49 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I have not tried it yet, but I went to their website and ordered a free sample, they sent me 3 bottles (all 3 flavors in 1.6 fl oz size) and also a bottle of proteinex chewable tablets, it is one serving size of 6 tablets.  My issue is the printing on the bottles is so small that I can not read it, so am waiting till I get a magnifier so I can read the info on the bottle. Gayle
Gayle  6'2" 

Leann E.
on 11/12/07 6:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
I want one..... I'm in Central Phoenix and never make it out your way.... (LOL)
Most Active