Anniversary

M. clarke
on 11/12/07 1:14 pm
From what I read you should just do small curd (so you don't have to chew a lot) cottage cheese (no fruit) or thick oatmeal is okay also if you don't like cottage cheese. Eat it first thing in the morning while stomach is empty. Eat for 5 minutes. More then 5 minutes and it will start to empty out of your pouch, so you have to eat really fast to get a good measurement. Start with 8 ounces and eat until you are satisfied, but not stuffed. It says you should do this at 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and then ever year after that that. And that we should be anywhere from 3 to 9 ounces, and that average is 5.5 ounces. If you search on the OH site it will give you a bunch of info. That's where I found that info. Thanks again Erin for the tip! I'm going to do this in the morning!
M. clarke
on 11/12/07 1:55 pm
Oops. Let me make a correction to that. You measure ou****er. Say 8 ounces or 16 ounces. Prepare your cottage cheese or oatmeal, eat it. When you are full, then use the measured water to fill your bowl back up to the same point it was filled before you started eating. However much water you pour into the bowl is the size of your pouch. So if you pour in 6 of the 8 ounces of water, then your pouch is 6 ounces. What is the difference between weighing your food before and after, and measuring the water? Not exactly sure what the science is behind it, but that is what the directions say to do.
M. clarke
on 11/13/07 12:01 am
PHEW!!!!  I did the test this morning. I was absolutely amazed to find my pouch was just 3 ounces! I was so worried it was going to come back at over 12 ounces because it feels like I can eat so much.
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/07 9:56 am - AZ
Hey Melissa sorry I didn't see you all your postings, so you did it, that's great. Only 3 oz???  **** my was between 6 an 7 oz, can you eat more than 3 oz at a time?? I ate 8 oz but was kind sick aftewards.  Hey send me the link where you found all the rules ok? Hugs to you and take care,  Erin
M. clarke
on 11/13/07 1:56 pm
Erin, Yes I can eat more then 3 ounces, but I also take more then 5 minutes to eat.  I did do another test and drank as much water as I could at once just to see and I could drink just  about 3/4 cup.  Another tab in the link above was saying after six months we should be able to drink 1 cup at a time, and eat 1 1/2 cup of food. So I think I'm about normal. I can usually eat a good amount of food, 6 or more ounces depending on what it is i'm eating. So I bet if you measured your volume like they say to do with the water you might be about 3 ounces in volume also. The link is http://www.pfamos.org/Test.htm   Let me know if you decide to redo the test how it works out for you.
Most Active