Group Hugggzzzz!

JRinAZ
on 10/30/07 3:19 pm - Layton, UT
I LOVE reading all those love notes from the O.H. Buds!!!!  You guys totally rock!  Glad everyone is home and cherishing the memories!  I've been smiling oodles as I think about some of the crazies!!!!  I've also been limping around like I got hit by a Mac Truck over the weekend!  What's Up with that?!!!  .........I thought maybe it was the sprinting around, the standing, the lifting, the long hours....but, then I remembered that song I just HAD to dance to "Come on Baby!  Let's Do the Twist!"  OUCH!!!!  I had no business going that low!  LOL! Congrats to the newbies!  I love hearing the wonder of each new day as a post-op!  You have an amazing journey ahead!  ..........It won't be long before you're calling me up for your plastic surgery consult!  :)  .......WLS LOSER'S Rock!!!!! DJ....Hope you find your red jacket!  If not, I'm quite sure you'll be getting dozens of them for Christmas!!!!!  Hey all you O.H. Event Buds!  How about posting 2 or 3 things that you learned this weekend?  Or that inspired you.... Mine.... I loved Joanna's talk!  .......I am definitely going to indulge.  My indulgence is wicked chocolate cake so like she said.  I will only have it on a very special occasion.  I will drive to  Claim Jumper to get it!  Someone else will drive me home because I will be dying in the back seat of the car!!!  I will drink protein drinks and walk, walk, walk the next day and I won't repeat  this event for several more months!!!! I LOVED Bo's talk! .....  I am going to "ride the wave" and get back on track!  I am responsible! Jackie:  "I am more myself than I have ever been in my life!"  ........You rock Jackie! ...........share everyone!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Beth B.
on 10/31/07 12:29 am - Trafford, PA
What I learned this weekend is no matter where we are in our journeys, where we come from in this country that we're more alike than different. I also learned from the lovely Jackie Guerra to put my mask on first . that I can't lake care of anyone else if I don't take care of myself first. I also learned that Arizona is a wonderful place filled with amazing , kind and beautiful people. Thanks again for an awesome weekend. I learned so much from the speakers, staff and everyone attending its very hard to put into words. Thank you for all your hard work Joyce it made the event extra special. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your husband.

Beth C.   4 years post-op and working my way back to goal weight  ( Preop weight -298 pounds /goalweight 155 pounds                                                           

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/31/07 1:03 am - Tucson, AZ

I was very impressed with Jackie.  She is one speaker I will never forget and would be proud to call one of my new WLS friends.  Bo was also very enlightening and made me think about what not to do in the future.  I also sat next to him at lunch and learned a lot more.  Joanna's speach on "eating cheesecake on Tuesday" was great too.  It taught me that I can reward myself.  Jeremy gave some good pointers on exercise and I laughed so hard at Jackie.

Again, I really didn't meet one person that I "didn't" like.  It was a great time.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Beth B.
on 10/31/07 1:50 am - Trafford, PA
Hi Becky, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! I agree with you everone was so great and I learned so much. Once again I really enjoyed meeting you and Joe. I liked your pictures from the event. I have some on my profile you're in a couple of them. I go back to work tomorrow. My mini vacation is over. Take care

Beth C.   4 years post-op and working my way back to goal weight  ( Preop weight -298 pounds /goalweight 155 pounds                                                           

jep
on 10/31/07 2:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was very inspired by Jackie saying that we have a duty to educate those ignorant to the benefits of WLS.  While I have a lower BMI than other pre-op'ers, I'm still OBESE and will become MORBIDLY so if I don't take care of myself first and now.  Rather than having hurt feelings or getting mad at people who do not understand this, I pledge to patiently explain the benefits of getting fit and healthy with the help of WLS! Thanks to everyone for a great meeting, I feel so luck that my first OH meeting was in my back yard!
desert rat
on 10/31/07 6:32 am - Goodyear, AZ
Joyce, I sure hope someone noticed the jacket and took it with them so it is safe and sound.  Maybe that person doesn't post on OH too much so they haven't seen my post yet.  I'm not giving up hope.  It really is all sold out.  I got it at Smart Bargins.com and they handle clearence items only, so when it's gone, it's gone... If you would mention it at your next meeting, I would appreciate it.  Ya just never know. Now on a happier note... This weekend was such a blast!  I'll bet you needed a couple of days off to recuperate from all of the running you did.  I sure hope OH comes to PHX next year, too.  It was nice being able to sleep in my own bed (of course the resort looked nice too, I just couldn't justify the cost when I didn't have to.) One of the things I learned that I'm really going to try to incorporate into my life is a suggestion from Dr. Barbara Maxwell (she was in the small room so not too many people saw her) but she suggested that we get back to basics for the first week of every month.  So beginning tomorrow, I am going to weigh & measure everything I eat and I'm going to enter it into FitDay.  She said that if we keep coming back to the basics, we won't be able to "drift" too far away.  I know for myself,  if I lose focus, I drift way off course.  I thought it was a great idea.  Rather than say "do it every day" where we set ourselves up for failure, she says to do it just one week per month.  That is a goal I can stick to...I think. What about everyone else?  What inspired you? Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
ginau
on 10/31/07 9:37 am - mesa, AZ
Joyce I too brougth back alot, Like asking for what you want and  need from people - dont hint, dont let them guess - tell em straight out !   I am not alone in my struggle with Obesity. there are many people who care and love me and want me to succeed.   
Most Active