One Week Post Surgery

M. clarke
on 11/22/07 12:01 pm
Candy, Happy thanksgiving to you also :) I'm sorry to hear that you are still in pain. I would absolutely mention it to your doctor, but I wouldn't panic about it. From everything I read the pain can last a long time on that side. Most get over it quickly, but for a few of us unfortunate ones, the pain lingers. I am over 12 months out now, and my side pain is suddenly back! It took about 6 months for it to go fully away, and now it is back. LOL. So I'm having a scan done on Monday, which means i have to drink 3 big jugs of dye. Yum Yum.  Yea right! Like baby pouch can handle that much liquid without it coming back up. Don't think so! Anyways. I'm back in pain again after a year out, and back to not being able to sleep on my side again.  My doctor isn't sure what it is, but she agrees it needs to be looked at. I can feel lumps, and she feels them as well. We are thinking it is may be adhesions from the surgery as it is directly under my scar, but she wants a scan to be sure. I was thinking maybe it was a staple. Anyways. Point is... we all heal differently, and some of us are going to take the long way about it! Hang in there! Do you think you can bring a heating pad with you to work and plug it in at your desk? The heat might help you from getting to stiff while you are sitting there for so long. If not then maybe some of those portable ones they make for back pain. They don't get as hot, but something is better then nothing. I would stick to as simple as possible for work. Trying to eat at work 3 meals you might find yourself rushing, eating to quickly, and getting sick. Just a thought. Three meals is a lot to worry about at work. Drinking one of those meals (protein shake or drink) might just take a little of the presure of until your back into the swing of things at least.
20candy07
on 11/23/07 8:05 am - Tolleson, AZ
Oh Yes...I've heard about the lesions...  Dr. Robles told me the tissue grows around the staples.  I hope everything works out for you and it isn't anything serious.   I'm on soft foods.  Yesterday I couldn't help but have mashed potatoes and cauliflower with a bit of turkey with gravy.  I have to say it went down good and didn't give me any problems.  I use measuring cups and right now I only use the 1/4 cup.   Where I work they wouldn't allow a heating pad because my working conditions are highly sensitive.  We can't use power strips because of fire hazards.  I can use one at home and I will go out and purchase one.  Good idea..... Food, I'm forcing myself to eat.  In the morings I will have 1/4 cup of egg beaters after I have my morning protein...lunch I'll have string cheese or cottage cheese and that is 1/ 4 cup....I may have cottage cheese for dinner as well.....I'm going to graduate to tuna as soon as I get an appetite for it.  Right now it's trying to get into eating the protein quota per day.... Take care, Candy
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/23/07 12:21 pm - Tucson, AZ

Candy

Instead of an electric heating pad what about one of those things you can put in the microwave and heat up.  That would give you at least 15 minutes of moist heat at one time.  Give it a try.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active