Currently in the "cleaning out" stage

Lori M.
on 10/22/07 9:07 am - Queen Creek, AZ
A little TMI for those of us still preparing for surgery. I took my Magnesium Citrate at about 2:00 and it really hasn't been as bad as everyone made it out to be. I seriously was afraid I was going to be on the toilet for hours just sitting and waiting.  I have watched some TV... I get an urge once in awhile and I've been in there a couple of times. I'm pleasantly surprised thus far... I guess it could be because I did what they said to do with the not eating too much food in the couple days before the surgery. Drinking 10 oz of that nasty stuff has been the worst part of it all. My surgery is tomorrow.  I have to say I am more scared now then I have been through this whole process.  I just have so many things going through my mind right now.  I guess today just feels like it's actually happening.  Like tomorrow I am about to change my life forever.
AliciaB
on 10/22/07 10:25 am - AZ
Hey Lori I am so excited for you!! I had my surgery on 8-15-07 and it is starting a whole new life. Everything  is different, the way you think of yourself and others, and they way you look at food. I also had Doctor Blackstone and Dr. Gunsburger, both of them are the BEST!!! If I can offer a word of advice....WALK, WALK, WALK and then WALK somemore.  It made the world of difference for my recovery, not easy but the best for ya. Let me know how it goes. I have lost so many inches and pounds it is amazing. YOU GO GIRL AND REMEMBER IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU! ALICIAB
M. clarke
on 10/22/07 10:41 am
The scared part is normal for the most part I think. Everyone gets nervous the night before to some degree. You must be very excited!  And one of the worst parts is over, drinking that magnesium citrate! I had such a tough time getting that stuff down. Then they want you to chase it with a bunch of water on top of it. I remember it was all I could do to not throw it up. Take good care tonight, and great luck tomorrow!!!
alligatorpgr
on 10/22/07 3:58 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Way to go Lori!!!!  I'm so excited for you!!!  Your new life is just beginning :-)   Gentle Huggzzz coming your way :-) Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

Most Active