Okay guys what do you do to add a little fun to your protein?

flyrep
on 10/9/07 4:29 pm - AZ
Im all ears. Two weeks tonight was my WLS! Im doing great but would like more options with my protein drinks. ANY HELP would be GRAND! Thank you all for all u do!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

ginau
on 10/9/07 10:51 pm - mesa, AZ
Get your butt to Smart &Final  and pick up some "yummy" as Joyce would say  - Torani syrups = almond roca, peppermint, almond , coconut more flavors to choose from.  Also Joyce got me started drinking my chocolate protein warm with some syrup added - nothing like warm cocoa in the morning - drinking some now.  Also I found that you can fortify S.F. pudding by adding a scoop or two of protein powder to it - and it really boosts up the numbers !  also add a half a container of yougurt to your protein powder drink !
poohspal
on 10/10/07 1:03 am - AZ
"HYJACK"" The yogurt Idea is new to me But sounds super Yumm!!  I'm on my way to the fridge right now!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Ginger
on 10/10/07 11:07 am - Chandler, AZ
Ginau. First of all, your new picture looks wonderful!!  Could you fill me in on the procedure for warming-up the chocolate protein?  I remember reading here somewhere about the trick to keep it from getting so clumpy. Hugs, Ginger
KRISTIN S.
on 10/10/07 5:37 am - AZ
Cinnamon and Nutmeg- Makes them taste like the holidays!

Commitment Day/Pre-op/CURRENT/Goal
248/236/170/150

flyrep
on 10/10/07 1:06 pm - AZ

Thanks guys! These all some good. I hate chot. protein though so that may not work for me. But am willing to try all the others!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

maxaz1
on 10/11/07 1:47 am, edited 10/11/07 1:48 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for asking this question! I wish I had thought of it a while back.  So now I'll add to it - Just about 2 months out - What tricks, methods, recipes do you have to make the same old chicken, turkey, fish, eggs more appealing? I know we can do all kinds of seasonings (except really spicy hot, cream, etc.,) but it seems loke my brain just gets stuck in neutral. I long for sauces, but can't figure out a quick, relatively easy way to cook for me other than pan fry, grill, saute with veggies. We should get a little recipe booklet together! Thanks! Maxine
JRinAZ
on 10/11/07 1:30 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there Maxine! A cookbook would be fun would't it?  Maybe we should start a thread of recipe exchanges? Whenever I get burned out on the same old flavors; I GOOGLE low carb recipes, or high protein recipes, etc.  There are some amazing recipe options on the net. I get in ruts where I kind of want the same things over and over.  My theme this week is a salad with grilled chicken and a few craisins tossed in the mix.  Yummmmeeeeee!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active