Dr Fang

westvalley
on 10/9/07 12:54 am - Glendale, AZ
Anyone know how far out Dr Fang is scheduling? Thanks
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
justcuz
on 10/9/07 12:39 pm - Maricopa, AZ

His are usually 4-6 weeks.  Thinking of switching?

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

westvalley
on 10/9/07 11:48 pm - Glendale, AZ
I was really asking for a friend of mine, but yes it has crossed my mind  . I really like my surgeon choice so I am a little....I don't know if confused is the right word but yeah confused. It would be nice if I could actually get a date closer to when I would like to have the it. March conflcts with my school plans that I have been waiting to do. So I just don't know. Thanks
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
justcuz
on 10/10/07 2:16 pm - Maricopa, AZ

It is hard when you decide on a doctor and have your mind made up. I always feel bad for the wait that Dr Blackstone patients have. Sounds like she is an awesome doctor with a great program, but darn you folks have to wait a long time. I'm surprised that some of your heads don't explode with all that "thinking" you do for those long 4-6 months.    :-) You can always just do a pre-consult with other doctors. I know it may feel like "cheating"   But who knows, maybe you will like one of these other doctors and can knock this surgery out by Christmas.   Good luck which ever choice you make.

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

westvalley
on 10/11/07 2:41 am - Glendale, AZ
LOL! Thanks
Megs515
on 10/9/07 3:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
When I called Dr. Fang and Dr. Juarez's office they said that Dr. Fang was scheduled out farther than Juarez. He is already into Jan. I actually had to change from Dr. Blackstone to Dr. Juarez because Dr. Blackstone couldn't get me in until Jan of next year. and I may be losing my insurance in December. When I met with Dr. Juarez, I was elated....My surgery will be in...NOVEMBER!!! I've already gotten things switched over with the insurance company...Nichole at Dr. Juarez's office is an angel! She was fantastic in helping me out. I didn't have to do ANYTHING besides request my records from SDBC.
westvalley
on 10/9/07 11:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
I totally understand, my surgery isn't scheduled until March 25 which is fine but I fear that my insurance will change their policy or who know I could lose it. So that part makes me a little nervous. I was told that they do bump people up with cancellations. I don't think I can switch to Dr Fang because he is not listed under BCBS as a blue distinction center. I like my surgeon I just don't like the wait.  I am so happy about your surgery. Good Luc****ep me posted.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
westvalley
on 10/13/07 11:54 am - Glendale, AZ
Was it hard to switch info from one surgeon to another? I called a different surgeon just for a consult and they needed so much additional info it was like starting from scratch. I totally understand that they need records from SBC but they were asking for other info from pcp that Dr Blackstone did not require nor did my insurance. I was just curious.....I just found out that I was excepted into a spring program at school but the start date is right around my surger date. Decisions Decisions Decisions........
Megs515
on 10/13/07 2:04 pm - Phoenix, AZ
It actually wasn't hard for me at all. I made a call and then mailed them all of my info..then had my initial consultation with Dr. Juarez and a few weeks later, I had my approval letter. Didn't have to do anything. Just wait.
flyrep
on 10/9/07 3:27 pm - AZ
Yep, I feel the same way. I was with Dr. Blackstone and the best move I made was to Dr. J! Both men are just great. Dr. J trained Dr. F. You really can't go wrong with either of them!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active