Dr Blackstone's Office

westvalley
on 10/15/07 11:37 am - Glendale, AZ
So far and I knock on wood with that, I have had a great experience with the staff outside of the usual sense of occasionally being rushed (but they are an extremely busy office). I haven't met Dr Blackstone herself YET so I can't speak on that. During my initial consult I had a consult/evaluation with the nurse practitioner Randy (he is SUPER NICE!) and then I saw the psychologist, the nutritionist and the billing lady Diana. It was a long day but it was nice to get everything done at once. I am not sure how it is as a self pay. I am sure you have to see the same people because it wasn't just the requirements of my insurance company but some were for Dr Blackstone.  I was approved on Oct 2nd and unfortunately my surgery date isn't until March 25. I am hoping to catch a cancellation spot in Dec. but who isn't?! You may receive a sooner date because you are getting the lap band and are a self pay but I just don't know. I would call and ask to speak to someone in scheduling just to get an idea. Again they have been paitent with and I have not experieced any problems with them EXCEPT with my EOB I got back from Cigna regarding my psych evaluation which I plan to address. Hope this helps. Julie }i{
ginau
on 10/15/07 1:13 pm - mesa, AZ
a very busy office is soo true , your first visit you will most likely see Melissa - she is a crack up! She does most of the follow up visits on lap banders .  Dr Blackstone is great - If you made it out to the walk this month she was there with most of her staff,  You can also catch her at the Confrence in just a couple weeks . She is very busy - dont be upset if you dont get too meet her till a week before  surgery
arroyo
on 10/15/07 2:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ

As a self-pay band patient I believe I turned in my paperwork in March or April and had my surgery the end of June. It wasn't that long of a wait, and it's good to get some time to prepare for the surgery. It was my first surgery and the hospital staff were amazing. Melissa has been great in helping with any concerns, they do all they can so you can succeed. If you haven't alraedy I would start going to support groups you can get a lot of information there. They are the first Monday of the month from 6:00-7:30

Before pre-op diet: 286.5/ Day before surgery: 275.5/Current: 171

Most Active