Letter of Medical Necessity-ranting....

westvalley
on 9/28/07 4:48 am - Glendale, AZ
Ok how long does it take to write a letter of medical necessity?  I am very anxious to get the ball rolling with my insurance company. My appointment was yesterday at 715AM! I was told it would be ready by the end of the day or this morning....No word yet. I know I know I should have patience but I am so close. Everything is riding on this letter so I guess I should be happy it's taking her time and she IS a wonderful doctor. Isn't that funny...I am so prepared to wait on my insurance company but I can't wait a couple of days for a letter   I guess I just needed someone to listen. Thanks
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Lady Lithia
on 9/28/07 2:05 pm
I had to get TWO letters of medical necessity... my "old" doctor whom I stopped seeing in 2003 took a month to write his letter. My current doctor only took a week. If your doc is getting it to you in less than a week, then you're quite lucky! :)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

westvalley
on 9/29/07 3:29 am - Glendale, AZ
Yeah I didnt get it yesterday. I think I am over it. I was just so excited to finally be able to submit my info to the insurance company that it just got the best of me. And I'd rather wait for a really good letter than get a rushed crappy one. Thanks Lithia
Lady Lithia
on 9/29/07 3:37 am
I completely understand. When I had my surgical consultation, I was under the impression it would be another week before one of my doctor's medical records would show up at the surgeon's office, and before my psych eval would show up, and in actuality it was the doctor I'd seen more than a month before whose records I waited on for an extra week! Then the surgeon's office was a little behind on manpower, so it was another week before they submitted the stuff and yet another week before it was properly submitted. So Instead of having everything submitted by the 10th or 11th, I had everything submitted on the 20th.  Now the insurance company says they have no information for 2003, and NONE of my doctors (so they say) have written down ANY of the things I've done over the years to lose weight. I am obsessive compulsive about this when visiting doctors... I know they're going to rag on me about my weight, so EVERY time i see a doctor I start or finish with my efforts to lose weight, tell them what diet I am trying on, and what exercise I am donig... and the insurance says that NONE of that is in ANY of the doctor notes. I find this hard to believe, but I haven't seen those records personally. If NONE of it is written down, I am looking forward to TWO MORE YEARS before the insurance company will approve me, and by then they'll probably exclude it! URGHLE Good luck with your insurance submission.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active