Tennage Obesity - Any Help?

JRinAZ
on 9/29/07 1:26 am - Layton, UT
Some remidners..... The science is all about calories!  Our bodies MUST give up the weight eventually.  Keep a food journal.  Count even the "lick" of peanut butter off of the knife when making kid's peanut butter sandwiches!  Count the dressing on your salad.  Hidden calories can add up to several hundred in a day!  The LapBand requires major discipline and restriction only limits the amount that can go in for a minute or so.  Do NOT drink during a meal or you push the food through.........the longer you wait afterwards, the logner the dense food will stay in your pouch.  Try to go at least an hour without sipping!  Try "PLANNING" each and every nutritional intake until your weight loss is well on your way.  Do NOT eyeball the food for measurement and NEVER rely on your pouch to tell you when it's time to quit.  By the time your sensors have indicated "FULL" you may have consumed an additonal 500 calories! Do NOT drink your calories.  WATER, WATER, WATER! Spending any amount of money is NOT a guarantee of a weight loss.  We each MUST learn to work our tool.  A perfectly great band can't put on the brakes when chocolate or milkshsakes or fatty soups, etc.  comes down the hatch! If you don't feel restriction when you've chosen a lean protein and low glycemic veggie as your meal without sipping liquids, then call your doctor!!!!  But, it takes  some people up to 4 weeks following a fill to feel the restriciton. Here's some info that I  copied from a "saved handout".  It keeps it real with how much work it is to lose ONE pound! Good luck sweetie!  You CAN do it!  *********************************************************

It takes 3,500 calories to equal one pound of body weight.  Generally, dieters dump an average of 1,000 calories per day in an effort to lose 2 pounds of body fat per week.

A two-pound per week weight loss is awesome!  To see how much two pounds weighs, lift the wart off your mother-in-law's chin.

As a note, you should never go below 1,200 calories per day without your doctor's approval.
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

poohspal
on 9/29/07 1:51 am - AZ
I have a journal. I count everything even the licks! I average 1,100 a day. I am excersing and I don't drink with my meals, ever!  I am not saying there is something wrong with my band. My fear lies in whether there is something wrong with me.   I have carried this same weight with in 8 pounds since the birth of my first child eight years ago.  No matter what program I tried or efforts I made.  I have never been a yo-yo dieter. it just has never come off.  This surgery was my hope that all I needed was 'this' and it would start happeneing. I begged borrowed and pleaded the money for it and so that weighs on my mind everyday. it isn't happening and so I am again discouraged.   not the band , nor the surgeon. Just me.  Thats all.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Most Active