12 days till the Big Walk

ginau
on 9/23/07 2:33 pm - mesa, AZ

We have a mere 12 days till the "Walk FromObesity"  If your intrested in signing up .. Just got the their website and  join a team  or sregister on your own!   It should be a great day  to walk now that its cooling down !  and there are extra activities to take part in !!  The actual walk is only about 30 minutes long !!  Participants can look forward to a clothing exchange, a scavenger hunt , A goodie bag ! and a sponsor T-Shirt !!!  $ 25.00 registration fee is your admittance into a fun filled morning .. Please go to Walkfromobesity.com and sign up today !!! *** Az is currently leading the way ! we are the largest walk in the country and have the most money raised so far .. Help keep us in the lead !!

ginau
on 9/23/07 2:52 pm - mesa, AZ
Lorrie Henry, the fabulous co-host from ABC's reality show - FAT MARCH, that ended Monday night will be our walk leader this year. We will have a Scavenger Hunt to lead walkers to a variety of "treasures" from the 18+ exhibitors, and several other ways for Walkers to win a variety of prizes. Tell your team to arrive on time so they don't miss a thing!!!!
Louise D.
on 9/23/07 3:29 pm - Peoria, AZ
How do they do the clothing exchange?  I have clothes I'd like to bring. Also I was signed up to be a walker but broke my foot last Saturday.  I wrote to Pat D. and she said I could work as a volunteer at one of the tables.  Any other suggestions how I can be involved?

ginau
on 9/24/07 1:46 pm - mesa, AZ
Louise  Feel free to bring any clothes , take any you can use, what remains at the end of the day will be donated to charity.  If you would liek to come and hang out at the clothing exchange booth - please feel free - I think I will need help sorting out what is brought in by others ,  we have 5 tables to sort clothes according to size  I also have a couple large mirrors
M. clarke
on 9/23/07 5:12 pm
Do you know where the money goes that is raised? I was looking at their site earlier this week and couldn't figure out where the money raised went to. Also do you have to be a part of a team or can you just sign up to walk?
JRinAZ
on 9/24/07 12:31 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Melissa, I've been told that the money goes towards education, legislation and research to fight the battle of obesity!  The ASBS foundation is the American Society of Bariatic Surgeon's.  They host a huge convention annually where research is presented regarding updated weight loss surgery stats, procedures, results, etc.  They are always working in our behalf so that our quality of life can be optimum! You do NOT ahve to be part of a team.  I think the majority are "teamless" so to speak!  ....  But, Dr. Blackstone does have a team if you want to put your name under her group. I'll C U there!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nicole W.
on 9/24/07 4:24 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I'll be there for the SBC team! 

TinkerBell

poohspal
on 9/25/07 8:17 am - AZ
I'll be there with bells on!!  I am on the chandler support group team!!  So excited!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Most Active