Not losing like you'd like to?

Louise D.
on 9/21/07 1:19 am - Peoria, AZ
I just posted the following message on Dr Simpson's message board and then decided I would post it on OH as well.  Hope it helps others 09/21/2007 07:49 AM     Louise Dixon
Can you say AH HA moment? I sure did yesterday during a conversation with Darci and then Doc S. I've been frustrated because in 13 weeks I've only lost 24 pounds. Now some may say that's great but I dont think so. I've changed my eating habits so much since my surgery and I hear others who had surgery the same time as me have lost 40-50 pounds. I started realizing I was hungry in about 3 hours so I decided its time for a fill. I spoke to Darci yesterday for quite some time on the phone and we started talking about what I'm eating and not eating. Well low and behold I'm eating ok BUT and thats a big "BUTT" I've been consuming hidden calories. I'll put a small patt of butter on a veggie, or 1-2 T of mayo in my egg salad or tuna. "just a little cheese" on a baked potato ...got the picture. (and not writing it down as its so little) I went in to the office thinking I was getting a fill and talked some more to Darci and Doc. The Tanita scale was showing that with a 3 pound loss in 3 weeks I was consuming approx 1300-1400 calories and all along I've been saying I eat 850-1000. Doc always says your body is a PERFECT calorie counter..guess what he's right. Those "little extras" have prevented me from losing more. Darci asked me if I can eat bread. I told her occasionally but if I say make a 1/2 sandwich with cold cuts or egg salad most times I leave 1/2 of that once slice of bread. She said not to eat bread at all especially if I get a fill as I'll be in bad shape. Then while talking to Doc he asked me if I was drinking after a meal and I said only after 1 hour. He held up 2 fingers and said 2 hours after eating ahhhh I thought we were told, and or I had read 1 hour. He said there was some materials written that said 1 hour but IT IS 2 hours after eating before you can drink otherwise you push the food thru to fast. Last thing, I never understood, completely, the figures under BMR on the tanita read out. If it says your BMR is 1600 cal and you DID not lose anything then you are taking in 1600 calories. I lost 3 pounds so Darci said I probably was consuming 1300 or there abouts. So guys I'm on a new mission. NO MORE HIDDEN CALORIES, no more bread and no water/liquids until 2 hours after I eat. Thanks DArci and Doc I wish you were in my kitchen with me everyday. ha ha Sorry this is so long but if it helps one person like it did me then I'll be happy. Have a great "skinny" weekend

Candi Y.
on 9/21/07 2:32 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Way To Go Louise!  How great to finally put a face with a voice!  Isn't something how our bodies work, I remember thinking I should be shrinking away to nothing with my change of eating and it just doens't happen, we need to WORK at it.  Good for you with your discoveries, I too only wait about an hour after eating, but my problem is not eating to much, it's still desiring JUNK FOOD, can't wait for the Doc to invent that "HEAD BAND" LOL  Keep up the great work, I need to get motivated with doing some more excercise, its cooling off now so theres NO excuses, but I find them!!  Chat with you again!  Keep up the great work and keep us posted!
Louise D.
on 9/23/07 10:22 am - Peoria, AZ
Deb, you can e-mail me privately if you'd like at [email protected] or here.  I'd be happy to talk to you.  When are you scheduled for surgery?  Doc Simpson is the best. I have never met a more caring medical professional. He truly roots each and every patient on.  You couldn't have chosen a better Dr. Hope to hear from you soon . Louise

DebW51
on 9/22/07 12:49 am - Avondale, AZ
Louise,  I was interested to see/read your post.  I am a new member her and am scheduled for banding with Dr. Simpson on 9/26.  I see you are in Peoria, I'm in Avondale.  I'd love to get more info from you.   Thanks, Deb
KSqtpy
on 9/23/07 10:00 am - AZ

Hey Louise! It's great that you are sharing your discovery because I know that I am not counting all of my "hidden" little calories!! I was using myfooddiary for a while then decided I didn't need it and lo and behold my loss slowed down. So I have re-joined and am counting EVERYTHING even the fat free coffee creamer I use in the morning (which I wasn't counting before!). You're doing great, we're all in this together! I agree with Candi though, still need that "HEAD" band!! LOL Gotta love Dr. S and his staff, they are wonderful! See you soon! Kelci

Louise D.
on 9/23/07 10:23 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey how do you do that ticker thing?  I'd like to do that.  Let's talk soon

KSqtpy
on 9/23/07 10:41 am - AZ
It's easy, just go to tickerfactory.com  and it will walk you through it. Be sure you select the weight loss ticker. Then you can easily update it each time you lose!  Very fun! Kelci
Louise D.
on 9/23/07 10:55 am - Peoria, AZ
I found it but which of the four boxes do you copy and paste the URL to?  I tried the 2nd one HTML but then there is nothing to click on to upload it?  Louise

KSqtpy
on 9/23/07 12:08 pm - AZ
I sent you an email with the instructions from the OH board. Sorry, I forgot that part! Kelci
Louise D.
on 9/23/07 1:15 pm - Peoria, AZ

Kelci  You are the best Thanks so much.  I did it!!!

I just got an e-mail from Pat Duryea who is the head of the Obesity Walk.  She wants me to volunteer and asked me to be there around 7am Sat the 6th.  COME WITH ME we'll have fun. When you go see Doc this week get a shirt and we can show off "OUR" Dr. Simpson

Most Active