Dr Blackstone

westvalley
on 9/19/07 9:34 am - Glendale, AZ
Does anyone know how far out they are scheduling surgeries? I keep getting totally different answers. Just curious. I will be sending info into my insurance company in a bit and wanted to know how long I can expect to wait IF  I am approved. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Nicole W.
on 9/19/07 9:48 am - Cave Creek, AZ

I think they are out until February or March 2008 right now... last I heard it was a 4-5 month wait.  Which is much better than what it was when it was just her and it was a 8-10 month wait.  Dr. Gunsberger (who is a sweetheart) has taken alot off her plate, she and Dr. Blackstone did my gallbladder removal, but Dr. Gunsberger is not on her own yet to do LapBand or RNY's yet. Good Luck with the insurance company! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

westvalley
on 9/19/07 9:54 am - Glendale, AZ
Wow 4-5 months seem so long but yes compared to 8-10 it's a big difference :-). I have kind of put things on hold until I can have the surgery. I didn't want to start a program at school and have to be out for 2-3 weeks or start a new job and do the same. Thanks for the feedback Nicole!
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
AliKat
on 9/23/07 8:17 am
I JUST had my RNY with Dr. Blackstone on 9/12. I was approved on 7/13. A lot of times cancels come up.. Things happen for other people. Just be patient.. Trust me, the time flies! I thought it was going to take forever, but then like overnight it was time to head down. Keep your head up!
westvalley
on 9/23/07 8:25 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks so much. I hope it does happen sooner than Feb or March. Not only because I am anxious to have it but because of school and other work related issues. Also really scared that something devastating will happen like my insurance changing their policy. But haste does make waste. I do want the surgery to aid in improving my health but I also want it to be a successful and uneventful one. Thanks for the heads up Alikat. Good Luck on your weight loss journey.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
beckyjeanne
on 9/29/07 11:14 am - Prescott Valley, AZ

You have met Dr. Gunsberger?  I have an appointment with her next week concerning a hernia that I need repaired.  I am going for my 1 year after appointment and she is also going to be there to look and see how serious my hernia is.  What can you tell me about her?  If you do not mind.  Thank you.

Nicole W.
on 9/30/07 4:36 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Dr. Gunsberger is just as great as Dr. Blackstone.  She is extremely thorough and clear.  She makes you feel comfortable and answers all your questions.  When I had my gallbladder removed and intestinal repair, I had a question regarding my diet for when I got home.  I called the nurse line and Dr. Gunsberger actually called me back and spoke with me for a half hour on the phone, she went over every possible thing that might happen in the new few days and until I met with her again.   She is so sweet and caring.  You will be happy with her.  She also has a wonderful bedside manner. Good Luck! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

beckyjeanne
on 9/30/07 11:15 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Thank you very much.
Lori M.
on 9/29/07 10:33 am - Queen Creek, AZ
My very first appointment with Dr. Blackstone was 7/19.  I think I got a call the beginning of September that my insurance had approved the surgery and she gave me a surgery date of 2/26.  The girl that handles the scheduling said that they are scheduling about 6 months out. HTH!
westvalley
on 9/29/07 10:38 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Lori! Good Luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to keep me updated.
Most Active