***Fepblue***

westvalley
on 9/2/07 3:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
Does anyone have fepblue (federal blue cross blue shield)? I went down to SBC and was told they require nothing but a letter of medical necessity from your PCP, is that true? I have been doing the hoop jumping for Cigna but my insurance will change as of Sept 4th. Anyone mind sharing their experience with me. I am afraid to get my hopes up for fear of disappointment but I can't help but think that this may be my chance. I was so prepared for a fight with Cigna at the end of my six months and to now to be told that it's as simple as a letter....there must be something wrong...... Any feedback appreciated. Thanks
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
quiltz
on 9/2/07 5:54 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'd put my money on SBC.  They gave me the most up to date information when it came to insurance because we were also changing programs.  I avoided the 6 month supervised diet and after submitting my paperwork was approved right away.  They downside is the long wait at SBC because they are so busy!  It is worth the wait.
Dale Elaine S.
on 9/3/07 2:57 am - Moultrie, GA
i HAVE fepblue AND THE lady i work with just had the surgery done and I don't think they ask for anything.  :)   I hope to have lap band soon!
Nicole W.
on 9/3/07 10:46 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I would get your letter of medical necessity and other supporting documents also... such as weight loss history if you went to weigh****chers, jenny craig or any of those places.  When you have your initial consult with SBC, they will tell you what else you need done prior to insurance submission that will hopefully support your need for the surgery. When I went I had my letter, jenny craig records, list of all the diets I have done, documentation from back doctors to support that i needed to lose weight to help my back problems. Also... get with your PCP and get started on a 6 month supervised diet, that was required for me after I was denied the first time. Good Luck!

TinkerBell

Megs515
on 9/3/07 3:12 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I don't have federal bcbs but I have bcbs of tx and I got approved very quickly and very easily.... just dr. records saying that I've struggled with obesity for 5 years and a letter of medical necessity and that was basically it. I went through SBC as well. There was actually litte effort on my part...However, SBC is scheduling out until the end of January and I may lose my insurance by then so I'm attempting to switch doctors...good luck to you!!!!
Most Active