gained 2 pounds

asilroyan
on 8/30/07 12:10 pm
I'm totally freaking out!  I'm about 4 months post surgery and have lost about 50 pounds but the last 2 weeks I gained a pound a week!  The week prior I lost 5 pounds.  What the heck is the problem?  I'm not doing anything different. Another site I post on is big on counting carbs but my doc and nutritionist do not recommend this.  Apparently low carbs are supposed to help speed up the loss and keep plateaus from happening.  Heck I could deal with a plateau-it's the gaining weight that's making me really depressed.  That's like my worst nightmare, gaining it all back.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Lisa
johnb_az
on 8/30/07 1:15 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Lisa,   Don't sweat it.  Most have periods that they stall or gain a few pounds.  Are you doing your exercises?  I think that really helps during those times.  I know my wife had some problems at about 6 or 8 months and she upped her walking and she started to lose again.  Are you getting enough protein in?  I hear that is key also.  I do limit my carbs, not so much because of possible weight issues.  I have problems with slight dumping when I eat simple sugars. Good luck
poohspal
on 8/31/07 9:13 am - AZ
Don't freak!  Its going to be okay.  How is your portein?  and water.  Also is it you TOM?  remeber the bloating can start to occur a week early. and your cycle is thrown off by any surgery for about 6 months after.  This is just a pound or 2 not 25.  You can do this.  look how far you have come!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
asilroyan
on 9/3/07 2:49 am
My exercising is not what it should be.  Hopefully it's jus****er, but thanks for your support!
Most Active