Depressed and then ****W**O**W****

AZdove
on 8/27/07 11:15 am - Tolleson, AZ
I am one of the people that work for JPM Chase in Tempe that will be losing their jobs this year.  After being with the bank for 10 years it was a shock and I am still recovering from it.  I never thought I would be looking for a job at the old age of 52. Well while I was dragging my bottom lip around in the pity party I have been hosting I started to clean out my dresser drawers.  I had surgery on 2/7/07 and had anticipated this upcoming Christmas season prior to having the surgery by going out and shopping the after Christmas sweatshirt sales.  You know the ones that have all the little glittery things on them that are so cute!  Anyway I was truly puzzled at what size I should buy for Christmas 2007.  Christmas 2006 I was a size 4X so I felt I should buy the 1X for this upcoming holiday.  After chatting on this board about my concerns and hearing that I should maybe get a medium or two (I could never get away with saying I was a large boned person...I am a shrimp...5 feet nothing...and I mean nothing!).  Well I ended up buying 2 LARGE very pretty and decorative Christmas sweatshirts.  And I came across them in my doldrums today.  I tried them on.  It is only August but they are TOO BIG!  No more pity party...I am jumping up and down singing Gods praises.  Such a simple thing to raise my spirits.  I would never have thought of trying them on, honestly I had even forgotten they were there! Isn't WLS fantastic at how it just keeps giving back? 

poohspal
on 8/27/07 12:17 pm - AZ
Good for you!!!   Thats awesome!!  i guess you will have to replace the sweatshirts for a Christmas Bikini!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
M. clarke
on 8/27/07 1:05 pm
I remember that post about the sweatshirt! LOL. I'm glad to hear they are too big!!!
Candi Y.
on 8/28/07 1:20 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Congrats!  That is so neat!!!  And don't you worry with your new attitude and new look you'll find employment "NO PROBLEM"!  Good Luck!  I'm also celebrating today, I'll be making a post!  I'm so excited!
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/07 6:21 am - AZ
Way to go losing is soooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ginau
on 8/28/07 3:30 pm - mesa, AZ
wow , wow , wow, That is awesome !!  but Hey no time for a work related Pity Party  - Get your butt in gear and start looking at job  postings online ! - if you can figure out out new intranet !!   - You can come and work at Sky Harbor with a few of us ! Dont settle for the package unless its that great of a an offer !    If ya would like to come and visit and job shadow one day - Give me a call - you can find me in the JPM phone book !!
Nicole W.
on 9/1/07 8:15 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Ellen! I am so sorry to hear about your job, I always have the lingering fear that my new position will not be needed again like last year... Discover Card is always hiring.  Get your resume on Monster and starting sending out resume's!!! Congrats on the great job with your weight loss!  That is awesome!  I am having little wow moments has my plauteu has finally broken!  I am in size 14 panties and 16-18 jeans now...  my mind has not caught up with me and I still reach for the 26/28's when shopping.  Feels nice not having to shop at Lane Bryant anymore, but old habits are hard to break! Congrats again! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

shanrenee
on 9/21/07 2:27 pm - Avondale, AZ
I am so sorry to hear about your job news. I also work for Chase, this is my 9th year. I am in the home equity department near the airport. What do you do for the bank? We also got news that our cite will be having some layoffs. The difference is we do not know yet when and I do not know if I will be one of the people being let go.  Congrats on your WOW moment with your clothes. I am only 5 weeks post-op, I cannot wait for that moment. Have a good weekend. Shannon V.
Most Active