Complicated Surgery or Revision w/Dr Schlesinger?

Lauren H.
on 8/27/07 8:39 am - Portland, OR

Hello All,

I’m looking at having a complicated revision type surgery with Dr Schlesinger in Phoenix, Az.   I’m trying to find patients of his that had a more complicated than usual surgery i.e. had a fundoplication taken down or any previous abdominal surgeries.  If this is you I’d like to hear what you experience was like.

Thanks so much,

Lauren

ginau
on 8/27/07 8:59 am - mesa, AZ
He cant  do the Stomyphyx surgery for you ??  Bummer !!
poohspal
on 8/27/07 12:20 pm - AZ
I haven't had any complications, Just a regular Lap Band But I can tell you that he is a wonderful Doctor.  I searched and searched for him and since i was  self pay i had my options.  This board is loaded with Dr. S's patient past and present.  Good Luck on your new journey.  If you do choose him you will not regret it.  He is a kind and caring man.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
AZWUNDERLUST
on 9/8/07 3:59 am
Dr. Schlesinger was my surgeon when I had my LapBand surgery on 4/17/06 and he was with Barix.  Barix closed in September and when my friend and I went to Barix in August we were told that we had all the fills we could have and basically told us we were on our own.  In September we got the letter stating that Barix was closing and Dr. Steven Simon would be the doctor if we had any problems.  We went to see him in May.  Neither one of us had significant weight loss.  My friend has since lost 20 more pounds because her band was not filled to the max like she was told.  I was told my band has become detached and was not able to get a fill.  I have since been trying to get surgery to no avail.  My friend and I each had 3 fills.  Two out of the three fills Dr. Schlesinger had to do it by x-ray beacuse he was unable to locate the port.  I do not have positive things to say about Barix or Dr. Schlesinger.  I went to Barix because LapBands is what they specialized in.  I paid for the surgery out of pocket and I have only 30 pounds to show for it.  I am disappointed and disillusioned about the procedure.  I have heard so many good things about the LapBand procedure and have seen how well my friend is doing now with Dr. Simon and it just makes me want to cry........It  seems like Dr. Simon does not want to do my surgery since he did not do the intial lapband.  What am I to do?
Most Active