Ladies: Embarrassing, but I hafta ask...

nicoleaz
on 8/3/07 11:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Post-op, have any of you experienced different odors down south? I had a pap 5 months ago and everything checked out OK, so I think, medically, nothing is wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if my diet is causing the different odor. Any insight before I make an appointment to see my doc? I need to get this handled! Nicole :)
Desertflower
on 8/3/07 4:03 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Nicole, I haven't had a problem yet...but I can tell you that in the past if my diet caused my PH balance to be out of whack, I got yeast infections.  Its very possible.  Are you seeing any discharge that looks like cottage cheese? Irs still a good idea to check with your doctor.  Let me know what he says ok?
nicoleaz
on 8/3/07 4:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the info! No, no discharge whatsoever or itching. I'll keep ya posted, thanks!
flyrep
on 8/3/07 4:57 pm - AZ
Hi there sweetie, I havent been thru this BUT was talking today with my OBGYN and asked him the same kind of question as this stuff pops up on this site a lot. He said that he has had woman say this after wls. He didnt seem to think it was a problem though. He said to ask for a pap if in question?  I have noticed a difference " down there" since eating better. Im eating a ton of fish and loving it.  Maybe it has to do with the protien levels we need to eat?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Sharon Martinez
on 8/4/07 8:15 am - Mesa, AZ
Hey Nicole....it is kinda embarassing but I am so glad you asked, cause I have noticed the last few days the exact same problem.  And with me, I had a complete hysterectomy about 3 yrs ago so I am definately concerned when things down there start to change.  I hope that we can get some more answers here before I have to submit myself to yet another very uncomfortable procedure.  Thanks for asking the tough questions!  lol...hope you're doing well! Sharon
jenncarson
on 8/6/07 11:55 am - AZ
Estrogen is stored in fat. As you lose fat quickly, you hormons can surge and fluctuate big time. I'm having acne and heavy periods --- the likes of which, I haven't seen since puberty. -Jenn C in Chandler
Most Active