Blackstones office

flyrep
on 7/6/07 6:14 pm, edited 7/12/07 8:17 pm - AZ
Hi everyone! Im going to Blackstone's seminar this coming Sunday. I was with her about 4 years ago but my insure kept giving me the run around.  Anyway I wanted to hear what everyone thought about her. Anything would be helpful. Im forsure going to have the WLS as Im a self pay. I just have never talked with anyone ****ill lately on this site) about her. Anything good and bad....  Thanks guys!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

lemarie22
on 7/7/07 1:13 am - Glendale, AZ
You'll find that everyone loves their own surgeon and I'm no different.  I loved Balckstone and feel strongly that she saved my life.  She's had her ups and downs with office staff and some issues in her own personal life over the last year, but she continues to be an excellent surgeon.  If I had to it do all over again and was self-pay, Blacktone would still be my surgeon of choice.   Best of luck to you.
ginau
on 7/7/07 2:52 am - mesa, AZ

I too had my surgery with her, her schedule is a bit crazzy and her wait may be long but to me it was well worth it, I doctor shopped to find the one I liked the best !  I will give you my standard  info .. You only need to see her twice in your life if your lucky -1 week before surgery and while your in hte hospital for surgey  - if you need to see her more than that - you need more surgery ! her staff is awesome and will take good care of you ! To make sure you make the bset choice I would check around - there are a lot of good doctors out here. I would have gone with Dr Schlessinger - if he had been doing laproscopic at the time I had my consult with him  -   Note -  he is back in the valley  working under his own name and no longer with Barix  - You might want to check him out + his prices are pretty good from what I hear.   Question who is your insurance now ??  you may still get the run around - but it will be worth it in the long run.  Good Luck and keep us posted !!

arroyo
on 7/7/07 8:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
I loved Dr. Blackstone and felt super safe and comfortable knowing she was my surgeon. As posted earlier you will probably only see her a couple of times. She is very down to earth and easy to talk to, not how I imagined a surgeon to be at all. I felt like she really cared about me even though I am just one in hundreds, and that is good to know when someone is about to cut you open. Good luck to you.

Before pre-op diet: 286.5/ Day before surgery: 275.5/Current: 171

nicoleaz
on 7/7/07 12:55 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I echo the sentiments of previous posters! I met with many of her staff before actually meeting her and my nerves and anxiety were growing as my surgery date grew near. Meeting her eased my fears. She has an awesome bedside manner but more importantly, she made me feel confident in my decision. She has this great blend of sincerity, pride, and empathy that is a rare find! She is confident without being ****y and took as much time as I needed to answer my questions and empower me with knowledge. You are in good hands with her - you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who will tell you different! Good luck to you and keep us posted :) Nicole
ginau
on 7/7/07 3:47 pm - mesa, AZ
Ditto !!   she is the best !!
dfavre
on 7/8/07 1:23 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I agree, Blackstone is the best.  One thing you should know is that she will push you to work hard.  She does not monkey around with excuses and will tell you like it is.  That's what I like most about her, she holds you accountable for following her program.  I have had zero complications and also thank her with saving my life too!
flyrep
on 7/8/07 4:43 pm - AZ
dfavre  Where you art her meeting today??? 

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

poohspal
on 7/9/07 3:43 am - AZ
Hi!!   I just got back in town so this is the first I saw your post!  Let me just say this, I am also a self pay, so I know what you are going through.  The blessing of this is that we get to pick and choose.  You have already had you meeting with Balckstone since this I know but I think you should really check out Eric Schlesinger.  He is the one I chosse after alot of research. He is great.  He will be the one you meet with first.  You will have him through the whole process. He does most of the fills afterwards.  He doesn't have a big personality but he is caring and skilled.  You can feel that he is there to help you, be with you and get you through this.  I am telling you if you haven't already signed, this is the man for the job.  Let me say one more thing, I know I am rambling but first day back and all ;)  Look, if you are like me there was two things I was looking for being a self pay, Aftercare and Price. You will be very pleased with both I promise.   He is worth the effort of going to yet another meeting, and, another bonus, he isn't backlogged either!!  Good luck with any choices you make.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
poohspal
on 7/9/07 3:44 am - AZ
I forgot to give you his info!! Eric S. Schlesinger, M.D., F.A.C.S 20950 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 380 Phoenix, AZ 85050 Phone: (480) 419-2280 Fax: (480) 991-6615
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Most Active