Surgery Date July 17th!

labkrb
on 6/28/07 1:21 am - Surprise, AZ

Hi Everyone,  My date is fast approaching and I cannot believe the range of emotions I am feeling. I want this surgery more than anything and I knew I would be excited! I just didn't expect to have so many other emotions going on. I am anxious, nervous, and a little afraid. Not just about the surgery, but all the changes in my life that are sure to follow. I want nothing more than to be healthy for myself and my family, I guess I am just worried about how I am going to feel the first few weeks after surgery. And then there is the BIG fear... What if I fail? I hope these are all normal feelings.  Thanks for listening, Laura

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/07 2:56 am - Sahuarita, AZ
Laura, Congrats on your surgery date!  I had surgery July 18th of last year and it was the best thing I ever did for myself.   The feelings you are experiencing are very normal and most of us experience them.  The morning of my surgery, I almost backed out because I was so nervous.  Thankfully, I didn't.  Many of us also wonder if we'll fail at this. I know I did, but I'm 92 pounds lighter today than I was last year at this time.  There are a few people this doesn't work for a variety of reasons, but they are in the minority. Best wishes.  Let us know how you're doing.
labkrb
on 6/28/07 6:53 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks Allison, Deep down I think I know what I am feeling is probably normal but, it is great to have some reassurance. Congratulations on your success!  Thanks again,  Laura
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/07 12:34 pm - AZ
Hello and congrats on your date! I am scheduled for surgery on aug 6th and feel all the same just that mine date is further away. Do not think you will fail, I think you will do just fine. There are so many people behind you and the support is amazing. I am nervous about right after the surgery too but I think we are in worse pain now with the way we feel.  Good luck and will chat soon Kelly
David S.
on 6/28/07 1:44 pm

Laura,

I can totally relate to your emotions and feelings as you get closer to your surgery date.  I felt many of those same feelings pre-surgery.  I made the decision to re-focus my spiritual self, and that helped me come to peace with the emotions I was facing.  It also helped me through the difficult times immediately following my surgery. 

I made the decision to have RNY because I needed to address a big problem with a big solution.  It has been a good decision for me so far, and I've been so happy with the results.  I know it isn't the decision for everyone, and that's also why it took me over 2 years of research and thought to finally do it. Stay positive, as there are so many folks out there with extremely positive experiences. --Dave

Dave from AZ     
dikitty
on 7/1/07 6:40 am
Hi Laura, My surgery date (Lap-Band) is July 12th!  I am with you sister!  I am excited and nervous as well.  I also am afraid of the post surgery changes! We need to hang in there!   Diane
Desertflower
on 7/3/07 2:32 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Laura, I am having my RNY on 7-19 and I know EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!  Everyone tells me this is normal, but I guess that doesn't help until we go through the experience ourselves.  I went to the support group for SBC last night and I felt so much better about the surgery and my attitude.  I am still nervous and excitted at the same time, but I know that I have to believe this is the right thing for me.  Nothing else I have tried worked.  I have to get over my fear of "failing" again. We will do just fine. Thanks for your post. Robin
Most Active