Just moved to Gilbert and looking for a good gym

abruchis
on 6/22/07 2:49 am - gainesville, GA
Howdy all! Thanks so much for all the replies about support groups. I'm completely surrounded by boxes at the moment, so thats pretty much my life right now. One commitment i made to myself pre-move was that I would start on some weight training. I've lost right at 100 pounds, and a lot of it was muscle, so I'm feeling easily weakened. I am looking for a good trainer/gym that has experience with bariatric issues. As well as the fact that standing for long periods of time hurt ( I think it's my sciatic nerve acting up) I dont need to have my hand held completely, just someone to help set up a realistic program and do regular follow ups and make changes as my abilities improve. OK, back to boxes.... yay! thank so much  
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~ Anatole France
JEAN-NA
on 6/22/07 4:42 am
A couple good gyms in area ,  LA fitness,Pure fitness,  - not Golds  You will need to go in and check out each site - cause they  are all  different, I would aks  about the trainers , I had a guy at  L.A. Fitness in Chandler  off Dobson and Warner  - William  but found most of em have no clue on the bariatric part of it .  and they change sites like  they change their underwear ..    OH   the ymca in Chandler is pretty decent  too ..   Plan on paying about $ 20 -30 per month  for an individual - no  yearly fee  but a one time  joining fee  -  unless they have a good promo  going .   Gyms pick up in summer around here and slow down in winter  - just the opposite of the mid-west
Ella_D
on 6/24/07 4:01 pm - UT
I go to Lifetime Fitness on Warner Rd between Lindsay and Gilbert Rd.  I absolutely love it!  Here is their website  www.liftetimefitness.com so you can check it out.  I don't know if they offer specifically post-bariatric types of training, but I am sure they are knowledgable enough in all aspects of fitness and different levels of fitness that an individual may present them with.  At the risk of sounded like a bad commercail, this is is the first gym I have actually looked forward to going to. 

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wM9avHc/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wM9avHc/weight.png">>

yogibear
on 7/7/07 1:55 am - Fountain Hills, AZ
There should be a world gym opening up before to long in gilbert.  not sure of the cross streets.
Most Active