4 Days... No one said it'd be this BAD!!!

gawump
on 6/21/07 7:58 am - Farmington, NM
OK, so I am 4 days away from surgery on June 25th. I should be excited, and a part of me is. The rest of me is SCARED and nervious. I expected fear and nervs, but not this! I was on the verge of an anxiety attack yesterday! Is this normal, or am I just a Wahh baby? I have not backed out, which I am very proud of! However I am tired of the nervious and upset stomach. I really didn't expect to feel this way! I sure hope I can do this, and that it is worth it!!!!    Richard I

A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one

LAP RNY 06/25/2007

M. clarke
on 6/21/07 8:21 am
Your feelings are normal. Any surgery is scary! You should be proud that you are taking this step toward a better healthier you. It takes courage and strength to come to this point. You are adding years to your life. Dr. Blackstone is a very skilled surgeon. You are in wonderful hands. She is so caring, and she isn't going to let anything happen to you! It is absolutely worth it, and you CAN do it! A few days of aches and pains, and you will be on your way to a new life!! Think of this.. all those days of  joints hurting, back hurting, getting too tired to easily, ankles hurting, being out of breath after a flight of stairs, to cramped or uncomfortable in a chair, or clothing, and those are just to name of a few of the things we go through being over weight wouldn't you trade all of that for just a few days of surgery pain??? I did and it was sure worth it!! And so can you, and you will! Take a deep breath and relax! Take a hot bath or what ever it is to de-stress yourself. The best thing you can do for yourself at this time is relieve your stress. Use the tapes Dr. Blackstone gave to meditate. They work!  You know from reading the posts that the first four months can be bumpy so I'm not going to tell you they won't, but they are absolutely worth it. And they are Nothing compared to living life with the emotional and physical pain of being over weight. I don't know where you are now as far as being over weight, and pain wise, and medical issues. But I know Dr. Blackstone wouldn't do the surgery for nothing. She believes it will help you if she is doing the surgery. Before you know it you will be at your one week post op class having your first meal and seeing your first big weight loss! Just think in just a week and four days you could be 10,15, 20, even 30 pounds lighter!!!!  Won't it be fun to see how much you lose?? I lost i think it was 29 on top of the 15 I gained during surgery that first week. I couldn't believe it. Think of how GREAT that is going to feel! You will do fantastic! Take good care of yourself. And stay positive. Your fear is normal. Allow it to come, and then boot it out and take back control. YOU are in control of your success and you are going to be so happy you did this. I just said a prayer and asked for some peace in your heart for you, and that you have a speedy recovery. Take good care, Melissa
M. clarke
on 6/21/07 8:25 am
I guess it was 21 pounds that first week. Where did I get 29? That would a been great huh? LOL
poohspal
on 6/21/07 1:42 pm - AZ
Just know that you are doing the right thing!  You are in the right place and you can do this!  Look at all the strength you have already shown to get to this point. You are pwerful and strong. and you will succeed.  Stay strong.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
JEAN-NA
on 6/22/07 1:40 am

Congratulations - your normal and just didnt know it ! You should be  scared  - its a life changing event, But you should be more scared if you dont do it , anxiety is part of the surgery - Just calm down  - take a couple deep breaths  and focus on what your new life will be like,  dont loose sight of your goals, Right now your biggest goal is  to keep your schedule and be on time .

I can only speak for me - I was sure if I backed outof my Surgery I would be dead from a heart attack in 6 months or less, I knew I was in the Best possible hands with Dr Blackstone  and her staff.  I am off this next week  and will be up to see you , have Marcie call me if she would like someone to come up and wait with her.

Most Active