Medically Supervised program

westvalley
on 5/15/07 3:09 pm - Glendale, AZ
Does anyone have any recommendation? I was going to my pcp for about two months so she could document my "medically supervised" weight loss....well she never seemed to document enough (no matter how many samples or info I gave) and it got frustrating so I just stop going. So I have decided to try again, but I need a little help. Can anyone recommend a west valley doctor (or close) who are familiar with weight loss patients? Or is anyone familiar with the facility that Dr. Blackstone's office recommends? I heard they are really good and know what insurance companies are looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am starting my new journey and would like to get off to a great start.
M. clarke
on 5/15/07 4:22 pm
J Presley, Mine isn't in the West Valley they are right around the corner from Dr. Blackstone on Shea and 101, but they have been really great for my medical needs. They recommended Dr. Blackstone. I didn't have insurance coverage for the weight loss, but i know they would have done what they needed to as they told me everything they would do when I was considering it. Also they have went to bat for me on other things non weight loss related. They even called the insurance company and fought over a prescription for me when my insurance company declined it and i didn't ask them to nor did I realize they had done it until the next time I went into the office. I was actually surprised they even knew the insurance declined it and took the initiative to call for me. I guess the pharmacy must have notified them? Not sure how that works. The doctors are really great. It has been my experience so far that any doctor I see there actually listens to me and doesn't rush me out of the office. They always take time to explain things, and answer all my questions. I also found it a plus that they ran all the blood draws and cardio work up right in their office so I didn't have to go to different labs to do all my pre-surgery lab work. I think the only thing I had to do out of the office was a chest x-ray. Anyways. They are east and not west valley. But if you don't find some one in the east valley send me an e-mail and I will give you their name and info.
MARY OTU
on 5/16/07 1:29 am - PHOENIX, AZ
My PCP is great and documents everthing. It was a snap to get approved. She also made sure that I got in every 30 days even when she had to make a special appointment for me. She is with ST Joseph Family Practice at 7th Ave and Thomas. Emily Zarragoza-Lao. 602-406-3153. Also DR Trhin Doan (woman) at Thunderbird Medical area 602-938-6960 is very good. Good luck! Mary
westvalley
on 5/16/07 7:39 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Melissa and Mary for your reply. :-p
Desertflower
on 5/18/07 6:01 pm - Mesa, AZ
I just completed my 6 month dr supervised program with SBC, under Dr. Evershad. She is great. SBC is a little backed up right now because Dr. Blackstone has just brought in a new dr under fellowship. She has been trying to accomodate all of her patients because she cares so much about all of us. I love the office and staff. Give them a call. Good luck! Robin
Most Active